General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1 vs. Modular V8 costs

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This should say a little something how many people put LS motors in their fox body's? How many people put 4V's in their Camaro's and Vettes?

There are a ton of fox body LS motor'd cars on this forum. Let alone at any drag strip in America.

To this day I have yet to see a Camaro/Vette with a ford motor.

There's a reason....
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 427zm
This should say a little something how many people put LS motors in their fox body's? How many people put 4V's in their Camaro's and Vettes?

There are a ton of fox body LS motor'd cars on this forum. Let alone at any drag strip in America.

To this day I have yet to see a Camaro/Vette with a ford motor.

There's a reason....
http://www.stangtv.com/news/twin-tur...0%9968-camaro/
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Looks wise I think them about the same (99/01 Cobra, Mach 1, and Trans AM).

And I agree. Not too fond of the shifter position in the Mustang. And the seating position is definitely a lot higher than in the F Body. Interior on both cars is meh. Neither are eye popping, but they can be made better.

I imagine the Trans AM will drive just like a Camaro? cause I test drove a 2002 SS a few months ago, and woulda gotten it, but couldn't justify paying a stealership $11k for a stock 100k mile car.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not the best site to ask for an honest opinion, everyone on here will obviously choose the LSx over anything.

If you're truly interested in either car you can make that decision yourself. Its pretty straight forward. Sounds to me like your just window shopping.
Go out test drive cars your interested in and make your decision then.

Besides that ill throw my input in. I went from a honda to my car because of the power per $ on mods is just ridiculously awesome.

I have less than $500 into my car and id like to see any mustang from the same year with same amount of money touch my car.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I think the Mustang is a better built car stock to stock. No 300 pound doors.... easier to get in and out of, no 5 acre dash..hump in ps floor etc...
. However modding the edge goes to the F body hands down
300 pound doors. i picked up the doors off of my car by my self. there not even 100 pounds. i think the big dash isnt a problem, and the little hump in the floor pan isnt my problem. if i am in the passenger seat my feet are in front of the hump, but since i own my car i sit in the drivers seat.

Quick Reply: LS1 vs. Modular V8 costs