General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Project Black Jack need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Black Jack need advice

Alright guys i'm starting my build and need advice on what the best bang for the buck is. I want the car to be the jack of all trades. I want to be in the mid elevens at the drag strip NA, able to drive it on the street, and able to autocross it. I plan on keeping the RPMs at no more than 6500 having the stock rod bolts for an 00'. The plan motor wise is to first CAM it and do the supporting mods minus rod bolts then turbo it later down the road. So I want a bigger cam that will give me great power NA and also be really good on boost (I'm assuming higher LSA for less overlap). So i'm building everything in phases, first the clutch, then the rear end, then the cam, and then do a complete build and turbo it. So if you guys could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it guys.

Best Blutch for the buck
Best Rear End for the buck
Best Cam for the buck"

Last edited by M1tch; 09-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a supercharger will be much better suited for Autocrossing imho. youll have boost almost instantly instead of lag. id build the car as a 5-600hp supercharged autocross car and then worry about the 1/4 with that power it should break 11's anyways if not high 10's

EPP blower cam will be good N/A as well as after you add boost.
Clutch would be Tick master with a Monster clutch suited for your power goals.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the post. I'm wanting to go turbo because they are so much more efficient than going the supercharging route although there is the turbo lag. Turbo will be really far down the road though i'm more worried about the rear end/ clutch/ cam for now. I'm thinking about a Ram Powergrip/HD for a clutch and have no clue what route to go with for a rear end. I'm also probably going to go with 4.10 gears with the new diff.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monster Level 2 or 3 > ram clutch

they take a beating and drive great. also newer superchargers arent as inefficient as older ones used to be. A Procharger is much more user friendly than a turbo. turbos are finicky and high maintenance. the cons of a turbo outweigh the pros for me. plus you can keep ur headers with a Procharger.

DEFF look into the EPP blower cam. makes great power N/A and you dont have to change it when you add boost.

besides.. you cant beat the sound or a phocharger at idle...

Quick Reply: Project Black Jack need advice