General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I wanna go faster-consistently

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea stall is on the list. Ill probably go revmax for it.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question i found a 3600 stall for $1K - need help guys

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
MT Dr's and some rear suspension.....

Hi there! I'm going to be putting in gears - the 1:3.73:1 gear ratio and thought that a 3800 stall would work - but I just got a sweet offer on a '2-month-old stall' that this guy wants to let go for $1K.

Questions:

What am I looking for?
Is it a bunch of ****?
Is that a hot deal - but if so how will I know??

Remember I'm just starting out with my mods but my car "T-Rex" already kicks *** and takes names - I just want it to be more dramatic as in

Now you see me

to -

Where'd she go??

any advice, insight and other comments that would help me are greatly needed and appreciated boys !!!

ALso - wouldn't I want to do the gears first?

AND actually wouldn't I want to kick the WHOLE thing off with a Lifetime Dyno Tune so I can see what I'm starting with???

Thanks

Gabriele
Old 04-02-2013, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hanabi

Hi there! I'm going to be putting in gears - the 1:3.73:1 gear ratio and thought that a 3800 stall would work - but I just got a sweet offer on a '2-month-old stall' that this guy wants to let go for $1K.

Questions:

What am I looking for?
Is it a bunch of ****?

Remember I'm just starting out with my mods but my car "T-Rex" already kicks *** and takes names - I just want it to be more dramatic as in

Now you see me

to -

Where'd she go??

any advice, insight and other comments that would help me are greatly needed and appreciated boys !!!

AND actually wouldn't I want to kick the WHOLE thing off with a Lifetime Dyno Tune so I can see what I'm starting with???

Thanks

Gabriele
A thousand bucks for a used converter seems real high to me. Hell, most of them don't go for a grand brand new. Plus you don't know if his transmission failed and filled that converter with crap, just waiting to ruin the next transmission it's put on. I'd take a pass unless it were an ultra high quality converter that was sent back to the manufacturer, cut open and rebuilt.

As for the gears, I'm still running the stock, 3.23's in mine. I put a set of 3.42's in and it seemed too low a gear for me without drag radials. (40 mph kickdown second gear burnouts were kinda fun though!) and being as I was putting a lot of highway miles on I sold the 3.42 and put the 3.23's back in.

I've got some 3.73's to try but I'm going to work on my suspension to see if I can get this car to hook on street tires instead of the expensive rubber.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Questions:

What am I looking for?
Is it a bunch of ****?

Now you see me

to -

Where'd she go??

Thanks

Gabriele
Essentially you could either or first, though a stall will perform better. You can get a brand new stall from 400-900$.. He trying to get over on you big time.
Open a new thread!! You'll get alot of answers.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With a converter you aren't going anywhere without a tire... I don't care how much suspension you have. At least grab a nitto if you want to hook decent.

Originally Posted by justin hover
^^^^yup..If I'd of know that when I first bought my car...It would've been my first mod.. What a difference a stall makes. Your running a 224 without a suitable stall???? Why?? No brainer here... 32-3600stall would love that cam, and help you go faster...match it with some sticky tires. This is just too obvious here.
Just had to point that out to myself to make sure I was reading it right....

Questions:

What am I looking for?
Is it a bunch of ****?

Now you see me

to -

Where'd she go??

Thanks

Gabriele
Number one, don't do that size/font anymore. It is a pain and annoying.

Most likely 1000$ for that converter is not a "sweet deal". What brand is it? Details on it? 98% positive I would not pick that up.
PTC= Under 550$ shipped with a cooler.

Performance wise, gears do little to nothing for an auto... If you have 3.23s, leave them.. If you have 2.73s, after you get a converter, upgrade them to stock 3.42s from a M6 car or swap in a set of 3.73s.

I would do a converter first 10/10 times.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Launching!

i was gonna grab some drag radials from toyo. this chick is gonna get screwed too. 1k for converter?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

do a yank ss3600 pick me u .5 in 1/4 or a 2800 stall I already had. You will love it still streetable. 750.00 new

Quick Reply: I wanna go faster-consistently