General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Exhaust rattling on Torq Arm

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust rattling on Torq Arm

My Y pipe is rattling against the bottom of my torque arm. My exhaust guy mention that he believes they make some aftermarket torque arms that have better clearance. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Did any of the aftermarket torque arms help? I am thinking about getting a non-adjustable torque arm since I have no plans of lower my car. Any feedback would be great.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You exhaust needs to be readjusted for better clearance, or if you still have stock rubber engine mounts replace then with poly mounts to cut down on engine/exhaust movement.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You exhaust needs to be readjusted for better clearance, or if you still have stock rubber engine mounts replace then with poly mounts to cut down on engine/exhaust movement.
Just installed new prothane mounts when I installed the headers. Y pipe was banging under the driver side floor board and the exhaust shop had to flatten out some of the pipe a little to get it to clear. The pipe is only contacting the torque arm when in gear. The pipe vibration itself is tapping on the torque arm. Trying to decide if I should just get an aftermerket torque arm or if I should just get that section of pipe flattened a little too? It is only touching where the y pipe crosses under the torque arm.

Quick Reply: Exhaust rattling on Torq Arm