General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Help. I was a moron

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help. I was a moron

Long story short. The full rebuild of my lt1 is nearly done. Just putting the new interior together. One of the issues I was going to fix today is one of the four studs for the drivers seat was busted clean off.

We looked at it and decided the best bet was to drill right through the car in the exact spot. Install a 1/2 in stud and lock wash and bolt it on the bottom and top take some work but be a lot stronger.

We may be reducing the size for fear of taking to much metal out of the seat bracket but anyways.

So I knew there was a fuel line in the way. But in the process of texts helping the gf with her law mower and the neibours I damn we'll forgot to move it and drilled right through it.

Damnit lol

It's not cut in half but she has a nick big enou the whole line drained.

What do I do now? I've never messed with fuel lines or any sort of repair.

Thanks. And feel free too lol all you want. Lol.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Check with inlinetubing.com and they may sell the line for that car. I bought stainless brakelines from them for my 79 Camaro and they are a work of art. Prebent ready to bolt in. May even go to a junkyard and yank one off of another car. Or you can use this as an opportunity to upgrade the size of the fuel line to support more power at a later date.

Those are the options I see listed in the easiest to hardest. Bending lines is a PITA. Don't patch in a section, replace the whole line.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Damn. Lol. I was hoping I could just patch it. It's really annoying now main reason is because its lowered there is no way to jack it up without first driving it on small ramps hahaha. This is cascade fail. Well that's a start at least. Have to see how annoyingly long that tube is. It sure looks pretty long.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can patch it you just have to use the right tools.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rn...FSJqMgodbmUAHg
Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you should be able to put a patch on it. Go and check out industrial hose shops. They should be able to help you out. You may be able to just put in a section of rubber with double up on the clamps to get the car to run and get somewhere they can do a proper repair.

Quick Reply: Help. I was a moron