General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Looking to get out of the fbody for a while

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking to get out of the fbody for a while

Looking for some input here. I'm looking to sell my z to get into something a little smoother/newer/nicer. I'm down to a c6 z51 or a g37s coupe. Considering both m6 both same mileage, and a little price difference which would you pick? Obviously I like horsepower, both cars offer what the z has, but do I give up comfort for more power in the vette (duh yes until winter) to get a better overall daily car. I'm torn. Need help!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:57 PM
FormerVendor

Aside from being RWD and manual, those are two veerrry different cars. Probably the only thing that would make me get the G would be the back seats. If you don't need back seats, I'd go vette all the way.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

id never DD any vette in shitty weather but wtf do i know ive been stuck numerous times in my cars.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:36 PM

I have a 2005 Colorado with ls1 for sale lol
Old 11-22-2013, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chevy81k30
I have a 2005 Colorado with ls1 for sale lol
ooooooooooook.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Teching In

I know the cars are very different, and I like them for different reasons. The weather here in Texas isn't all that bad. No real snow or anything, it just gets a little cold. If I look into vettes I'll get to get a high mileage (60-90k miles) 05-07 where as the g37s are 08-10 models with lower mileage (30-60k) and cheaper. Do you think that being a hp junky and getting the vette is worth the difference in comfort and features?

I'm trying to stay away from modding as well, thanks for the offer on the Colorado, but I'll have to pass.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

I would never buy an asian car, because I simply don't like them or their styling. So I'd have to go with the C6. But I also don't care much about gadgets or features, and I'm plenty comfortable even in an F-body.

Either way, I'd pick the C6.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawIROC88
I know the cars are very different, and I like them for different reasons. The weather here in Texas isn't all that bad. No real snow or anything, it just gets a little cold. If I look into vettes I'll get to get a high mileage (60-90k miles) 05-07 where as the g37s are 08-10 models with lower mileage (30-60k) and cheaper. Do you think that being a hp junky and getting the vette is worth the difference in comfort and features?
We're talking about two very different cars here. If you want luxury/comfort and practicality, get the G37 (I'd personally go for a BMW 5 series). If you want raw performance get the vette. You have to assess you needs and see what you will be using the car for. It's not a black and white decision.

I'm trying to stay away from modding as well
After owning an F-body, good luck with that

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I would never buy an asian car, because I simply don't like them or their styling.

Looks pretty damn similar to me...
Old 11-23-2013, 12:44 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by M4N14C
Looks pretty damn similar to me...
I'd have to double check my driveway, but I'm pretty sure I don't own a new Malibu, nor do I have any particular burning desire for one. If I was forced to own one of those two cars though, I would pick the Malibu.

Lots of visual similarity between Chevy and GMC products as well, but yet there are people who prefer the appearance of one over the other.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I think you will miss the Camaro within months if you get the G37. Just different animals. If you get a Corvette it's likely you will never miss the Camaro. With you living in TX I wouldn't worry about the climate issues very much. I'd take the Corvette over the G37 every day of the week.
The comfort level is completely a personal decision. I'm comfortable in both my T/A and Mustang, neither known for ride quality. That's me, now what's the priority scale on comfort for you?? If comfort is a must, then the Corvette is not the answer.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Teching In

I guess I really need to go drive a vette. I know I'll love the power and the look, and I would probably never be as happy in the g as I would in the vette. Thanks for the input guys, going to try to drive some cars this week.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I'd have to double check my driveway, but I'm pretty sure I don't own a new Malibu, nor do I have any particular burning desire for one.
Just pointing out that discrediting the quality of a car simply because it's from a certain part of the world is a bit irrational. Surely there's at least one car from Asia you wouldn't mind getting if "you were forced to own one"

I guess I really need to go drive a vette. I know I'll love the power and the look, and I would probably never be as happy in the g as I would in the vette. Thanks for the input guys, going to try to drive some cars this week.
You always hear people regret getting rid of their f body or vette for a more "comfortable" car, but hardly any the other way around
Old 11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Just pointing out that discrediting the quality of a car simply because it's from a certain part of the world is a bit irrational.
I'm quite sure I didn't post anything about quality one way or the other.

Surely there's at least one car from Asia you wouldn't mind getting if "you were forced to own one"
There are no asian cars that I desire. Whatever the category, there is a domestic or even a euro car that I would prefer.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Getting out of fbody's is like getting out of *****. Why?

That being said in all honesty I don't understand how this is a question? You get the vette. I don't get the amount of people that come on here and think about buying less cool cars because they want comfort or something different. Having a vette or a sweet fbody is like being married to a hot woman with a rocking bod who let's you put it in the bum. Sure maybe the other woman, who's a decent 7.5 but definitely less hot might give you a few more bj's or hold a conversation. Eff conversation.

However If it's for the family of I get it
Old 11-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Teching In

No family or plans for a family. The wife was just happier with the SLIGHTLY smaller price on the "less cool" car. I've always wanted a vette, so I'm probably going with that or just keeping my fbody. I keep going over missing the ls under the hood and idk if I could stand it. Going to try to drive some cars this week and I'll have to report back with the findings.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're thinking about a vette and don't want to do a bunch of modding....
why not look into one of the best factory hot rods now becoming much more
affordable...a C5Z ???? I found 14 of them for sale within 100 miles of Dallas
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...rch=true&Log=0
Plenty fast in stock trim, awesome handling, and it just looks totally badass
in any color !!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the vette. Smooth, power, and still sexy.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This may be a lame reason but if you get the G37 the forums suck and the community isn't nearly the same as the fbody/corvette crowd.

I like browsing on here almost as much as I like tinkering with the car. Plus I think you will miss the sound of the V8.

There's a few g35/7 on here that have LS1 swaps. But you sure as hell won't see any Corvettes or fbodies swapping in 3.5s anytime soon.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Im sure you will come back with some opinions after you go drive some cars and realize that a fbody is for you. In stock version our cars are just as comfortable as anything else. The seats are awesomenI cant complain about the ride either. But i also think im way to biased torwards our type of car, but idc its what makes me happy haham
Old 11-26-2013, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by black79transam
Getting out of fbody's is like getting out of *****. Why?

That being said in all honesty I don't understand how this is a question? You get the vette. I don't get the amount of people that come on here and think about buying less cool cars because they want comfort or something different. Having a vette or a sweet fbody is like being married to a hot woman with a rocking bod who let's you put it in the bum. Sure maybe the other woman, who's a decent 7.5 but definitely less hot might give you a few more bj's or hold a conversation. Eff conversation.

However If it's for the family of I get it
The fbody is a cheap trashy girl you can have fun with and the vette is a more sophisticated woman that everyone wants. That being said go with the vette over the g37.

I personally like the raw feel of a modded fbody but at times wish I had a more refined car that is both smooth and fast.

Quick Reply: Looking to get out of the fbody for a while