General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WS6 T/A or LS2 GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 T/A or LS2 GTO?

Not sure if I'm making this thread in the right section, I'm new to the forum feel free to move it.

Coming this summer, I'm going to be in the market for a car and I'm stumped between a WS6 Trans Am or an LS2 GTO. I've done a lot of research, and after all of it, I'm still stuck. So it's probably going to come down to cost. I'd love to have the GTO, but I'm wondering if it will be more expensive to modify than the T/A? I've tried to find answers elsewhere, but with no success. Keep in mind, I'm not wanting a race car, I just want to build a fast and fun street car for the summer.

Pretty much what I'm asking is this: can I get the same amount of performance out of the GTO as I would the T/A for the same price, or will the GTO cost me more? Or the other way around maybe? Thank you!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

both cars are nice and this has been discussed over and over.

if i had to choose between the 2 fbody wins every time. i like its aggressive looks and TTOPS never get old.

either car can make enough power. drive both then decide.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Teching In

That's a good thought. I've only driven the T/A, never the GTO. That's something I need to do.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Pesonally i'd go for the T/A just on looks alone. Never really like the look of the GTO. As far a mods go they both will cost similar to mod, with the T/A being a little cheaper overall. Probably can get the f-body much cheaper, so you can put more mod money towards it
Old 12-15-2013, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I have read/gathered the GTO is more comfortable and will make a better daily driver. I would bet that the WS6 would be a little cheaper and easier to work on. The WS6 in my opinion looks way better. GTO just doesn't look like a muscle car or very sporty to me.
Not sure about the LS2 equipped GTO, but the LS1 GTO's I have raced have been either bone stock or they are just slow compared to a Trans Am. I am sure the LS2 is way better and with the hood scoops and dual exhaust cutouts they look better than the 2004 models do imo...
Different strokes for different folks though!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

GTO might be more comfortable as a DD, but like the above people said you can't beat the looks of a WS6, or the t-tops.

To me the GTO looks bloated, at least in stock form. I've seen some that I have liked, but none can beat a stock WS6 imo.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I agree with the looks of the GTO. Imo, it's not a bad looking car, it just doesn't look much like a muscle car. And from what I'm gathering from a lot of you, the T/A will probably be cheaper to work on, which was my initial question. And I've driven a T/A and absolutely loved it. Not the most comfortable car, but I'm daily driving my f-body Camaro right now and love it. I still need to drive a GTO before I make a final decision, though. I appreciate all of the feedback
Old 12-18-2013, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

ws6, gto is heavier and f body will be cheaper like everyone said
Old 12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Every gto I found on craigslist was a salvage title which got me wondering why all of them ended up salvaged. Ws6 would be my choice too.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

ive driven both, I have a ta, and my buddy used to have a goat, both 6 speeds. the trans am definitely has the better looks hands down, although you cant beat gto seats, front and back! even after driving both, I wouldn't trade my ta for anything.

Quick Reply: WS6 T/A or LS2 GTO?