General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tsp duals too low. Any tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tsp duals too low. Any tips?

I just got my duals installed with the help of my cousin (actually he did most of it) and they are hanging WAY too low for my comfort zone. I can barley even fit a soda can under it sideways. YES SIDEWAYS lol. If we tried to push it any higher, it would be way to close to the torque arm and any bump would most likely hit it and its really close to the fuel lines. We ended up welding some bolts to the body to hang the mufflers. Would flipping the x-pipe make any difference in clearance? Maybe we put it in wrong? Any tips or ideas would be nice (from people who have actually installed one).
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Tsp duals too low. Any tips?-2013-12-23-17.41.10.jpg   Tsp duals too low. Any tips?-2013-12-23-17.12.47.jpg   Tsp duals too low. Any tips?-2013-12-23-17.49.31.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might be able to fool with it a little more and get them a tiny bit higher... but every car I've seen with that exhaust has no ground clearance. There's simply no room under our cars for that setup, which is a shame because it sounds bitchin.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Ya i figured. I does sound really nice with them cam. Thank god its not a DD though.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Launching!

SINGLE 4" mandrel Y pipe setup

jelly bro?

lolz.

no there really is no ground clearance under those :/ and yes it is very sad.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dckmn52

SINGLE 4" mandrel Y pipe setup

jelly bro?

lolz.

no there really is no ground clearance under those :/ and yes it is very sad.
YES. Hows it sound? I will wait till it gets ripped off then go with something custom one day.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Launching!

its LTs into a 4" flowmaster merge, out a custom Y in the back located right above the ford 9, through 2 dynomax bullets on each side of the bumper. no cats.
not cammed or anything so its not horrifically loud. its nice and quiet up till about 2300rpms. for whatever reason anything past that just blows out loud as hell. must be the "mufflers" installed lol.
As much as i miss driving around with open headers, I like it a lot.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-ford-9-a.html

build setup. was too much work.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

My TSP duals are the exact same. Expect them to get scraped up. They really do sound bitchin'. My personal favorite out of all the exhaust setups despite the low clearance.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

I scrape mine pretty much every time I back out of my driveway. The only advise I can give is to spend a good amount of time under the car turning the pieces this way and that to get a better seating angle. I also used a jack under the x-pipe some to help tuck it up a bit more when I bolt up the rear hangers.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Surprisingly, mine really haven't scraped at all yet. Maybe that because its in FL! Once i go with a 9" and some tires, that should help with some clearance.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The set I installed for a friend were no where near that low. the lowest part was near the collectors, the back was fine.

I would tuck them up more and if you need to clearance them around the torque arm area. Worse case scenario find some kind of high temp rubber or something else so you can't hear the exhaust tapping the torque arm if it's that close...I would rather have clearance with something on the car than something under it which could rip the exhaust off.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
The set I installed for a friend were no where near that low. the lowest part was near the collectors, the back was fine.

I would tuck them up more and if you need to clearance them around the torque arm area. Worse case scenario find some kind of high temp rubber or something else so you can't hear the exhaust tapping the torque arm if it's that close...I would rather have clearance with something on the car than something under it which could rip the exhaust off.
Mine rub my aftermarket toque arm and I have never heard a peep from them, haha
Old 12-31-2013, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

people have this problem all the time with true duals and the most commonly overlooked thing (Getting too close to torque arm or driveshaft) is not jacking up the rear of the car! If the diff. sags when you mount them then no you will have no clearance. i have yet to scrape since doing this.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMR did a fantastic job installing mine, i've never once scraped.

However my car sits insanely high for stock
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

You just need to be prepared for that exhaust to get beat to **** lol, you can make it better though. What I did when I rehung mine when I lowered my car was I lifted mine into position with a jack, crawled up front and tighten it up the front first. Didn't use the hangers than come on it, I made my own so I had more adjustable in the fitment. I raised the X where they were right against the torque arm when the car was jacked with the rear sagging, tightened everything back up and then when I lowered the car to the ground it was fine, never hear anything like them touching the torque arm, they still touch the ground a lot though.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

We installed it on an alignment rack, so the suspension was all compressed and it was still really close to the torque arm. Its whatever though. I didn't have any problems with it when i was driving it. The tips of the bullets barley scraped some speed bumps, didn't even do anything. Im back at FT. Drum now, so the car will hardly get driven for the next 5 months unfortunately.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Turn your dumps out.

I have the same setup and my car is lowered slightly (Bilsteins), and I do still scrape in certain spots. However, my dumps are angled out towards the sides so they won't hang up on anything. I'm afraid you're going to rip the dumps and X off if you don't angle them.

And just drive cautiously and avoid/angle for speed-bumps.

Quick Reply: Tsp duals too low. Any tips?