General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

7k to spend on bone stock 01 ta

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ta383
So I have a stock 01 ta a4 I'm looking to modify I have 7k to spend the 3 things I looked at were a head/cam full exhaust converter intake manifold throttle body air lid the package was stage 2.5 ls6 with ms3 cam from Texas speed which came to 7k with all nessesary parts or a procharger d1-sc with injectors and pump from brute speed with no other mods or lastly a maggy kit from hawks third gen. Just want to hear your thoughts I'm not sure between the h/c or procharger. Thanks

i would invest in some commas and periods for the above sentence.

on a serious note, dont dump 7 grand into an aging trans am. these cars despite some peoples view will not become classics nor are they increasing in value. though stout, they are being replaced with advancing engine technology. hell they produce v6 motors that N/A match out flywheel horsepower. and some of these motors are now coming in the econo-boxes that many here like to pick on. my advice? set aside 1-2 grand and have some fun with it, do the usual stuff, headers and whatnot, maybe a bottle with small shot. stall if your an auto or maybe just gears. a procharger kit will take you for all your money and still isnt complete and should be paired with other mods to make it more reliable for the car. take the rest of your money and save it. remember you can dump 7k into it but you wont get your 7k back when you go to sell. these cars arnt worth the golden price that some people like to think. just my 2 cents take it or leave it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go H/C route. You may upfront get more power from FI.. But the sound from that MS3 will make your heart melt on every cold start. And with all that out of the way youre a rear end, forged internals, and FI system away from serious POWA
Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
FYI, keep in mind that you WILL need to do the supporting modification I listed above, probably sooner than later when you go with Forced Induction. Furthermore, I'd still recommend a better cam and at least have the Factory heads mildly ported since the benefits are greater with Forced Induction than without. More power with less boost is always a good thing!
I agree with this guy.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

Forge it out and spray
Old 02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I knew someone would say something about the grammar but hey typing on the phone is a pain lol. Thanks for the suggestions I'm still not sure what I'm going to do yet leaning towards the procharger I've never owned a fi car I thinks it's about time

Quick Reply: 7k to spend on bone stock 01 ta