General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

2002 Silverado 1500 Z71 Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 PM
MTS
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Silverado 1500 Z71 Engine Swap

Quick little run down and back story Over the last few months I have been looking around for a new car, something that I could call my own and make any modifications I wanted to. At first (ashamed to admit) I was looking at getting a 95' Eagle Talon and modifying it. In my defense at least the Eagle was Chrysler's version of the Eclipse and the 4G63 is a pretty capable engine but anyway. After searching around some more and not really finding anything appealing I stopped looking for a bit and one day on my way home from work I realized that I already had my perfect project vehicle, a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71.

It's not very practical, dumping a bunch of money into a truck but living in Oklahoma City I've been inspired by the "Oklahoma Farm Truck" and I've always been a fan of the whole "sleeper" thing, so having your typical looking silverado with 700+hp is kinda appealing.

The Ultimate Dream goal is to drop a LS7 into it and add some nitrous and call it a day but..... those LS7's aren't cheap lol
so more realistically;
My goal for the truck is to have a "DD Street Beast", to put it bluntly. I want something that I can drive to work everyday but also something that will eat Mustang's for breakfast. Power-wise I'd like to hit 400-450 with just motor and having the option for more power by adding a turbo or supercharger. I will be running a nitrous system regardless so ultimately I'm looking to make 700+ rwhp when it's all said and done, but keep it in calm and controlled as it will also be my DD.

Let me know what you guys think and what engine options I have to meet my power goals
Old 06-01-2014, 11:52 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Please use www.performancetrucks.net for truck specific threads such as this. Your same login and password information will work there as well.

Quick Reply: 2002 Silverado 1500 Z71 Engine Swap