General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Pacesetter LT straights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BA98TA
Those would be fine if you were wanting to keep your AIR/EGR. I'd definitely consider wrapping them to keep the heat out of the engine bay... I regret not wrapping mine...

I'm not sure if wrapping the headers helps keep them from rusting, but atleast you wouldn't be able to see they are rusting, and looks more clean imo...

A typical tune is around 100-150, it was worth it just to keep it from throwing codes, also got a few more hp, though I can't tell you how much because I didn't have it dyno tuned.
Well I found this video of a t/a with straights. He has no cats, ory, stock headers, stock cam and 241 ported heads.
Would the ported heads change the sound that much?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_eCiz19jQ0
Old 06-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cmg393
Well I found this video of a t/a with straights. He has no cats, ory, stock headers, stock cam and 241 ported heads.
Would the ported heads change the sound that much?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_eCiz19jQ0
I cant really comment on if head porting will affect the exhaust sound, but I guess its possible... We'll have to get someone to chime in that has ported heads...
Old 06-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Launching!

I'll have to get that vid this weekend weather permitting... I can't find my camera right now, so I'll have to look for it and pray the 30% chance of rain turns to 0...

If I can't get it this weekend, I'll be sure to get it on the first nice day...
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BA98TA
I'll have to get that vid this weekend weather permitting... I can't find my camera right now, so I'll have to look for it and pray the 30% chance of rain turns to 0...

If I can't get it this weekend, I'll be sure to get it on the first nice day...
That sounds great! Thanks.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by demonspeed
None of the affordable stainless headers are made in the USA -- TSP, eBay, Speed Engineering, etc. -- they all come China.

There's a very active thread in the Gen III externals section which details everything one would need to know about Speed Engineering's LT: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...available.html
I wonder if the pacesetter and speed engineering sound the same.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Don't get extenders for the O2 sensors or corvette O2 sensors. Repin your ECM plug to use the rear O2 harness for the front O2s. There is a great writeup on the board showing how to do it. It takes maybe 20 minutes. Basically swap a couple wires around in the harness. I assume you will be deleting the rear O2 sensors from the tune anyways, so then the harness for them is unneeded anyways.

As far as the noise of straight pipes, I had a 3" pipe running back to dual tips up until an hour ago. I loved the sound. Deep and mean sounding. The drone was acceptable at cruising rpms. Running the car to the redline was deafening. Loved it. I just swapped in a LM1, and it is down right quiet in comparison. I only swapped the exhaust out because the old one was rusting out and I got a great price on the LM1. This winter I plan on building my own dual setup.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reinhardt02
Don't get extenders for the O2 sensors or corvette O2 sensors. Repin your ECM plug to use the rear O2 harness for the front O2s. There is a great writeup on the board showing how to do it. It takes maybe 20 minutes. Basically swap a couple wires around in the harness. I assume you will be deleting the rear O2 sensors from the tune anyways, so then the harness for them is unneeded anyways.

As far as the noise of straight pipes, I had a 3" pipe running back to dual tips up until an hour ago. I loved the sound. Deep and mean sounding. The drone was acceptable at cruising rpms. Running the car to the redline was deafening. Loved it. I just swapped in a LM1, and it is down right quiet in comparison. I only swapped the exhaust out because the old one was rusting out and I got a great price on the LM1. This winter I plan on building my own dual setup.

That sounds awesome.
Did you keep the stock headers in or aftermarket? And how was your ground clearance?
Old 06-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Launching!

I installed the SLP longtube headers w/ their catted Y, but the cats are hollow... The ground clearance is terrible, the SLP headers are known for terrible ground clearance. I knew this when I bought them, but the price was right. I don't daily drive the car, so it isn't a big deal for me, I just avoid speed bumps.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Got the vid and a few pics of the exhaust tucked up under the car. I'll post them tonight after work.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Launching!

So I go to upload everything and apparently my brother-in-law used the wrong format on the camera so the video size and pictures are all HUGE... these are definitely going to require a faster internet connection... I can't redo the video today due to weather but if you need it redone let me know and I'll try to find another nice day to do it again in a smaller format... Keep in mind my car is lowered on Stranos, the lowest part of the car is the drive shaft safety loop, and its very rare that the car scrapes...

Please excuse the dirt/dirty tips... We've had nasty weather, and I've been really busy during the nice weather days...

Pacesetter LTs Straight pipes vid

Pic from the back of the car.

Pic looking toward the back of the car, the \__/ in the pic is the DS Safety Loop

Pic looking up near the LTs

Pic of the LTs (this pic is mostly the reason I regret not wrapping the headers)

Edit: Looks like photobucket may have converted it to a smaller file size?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Looks good. Sounds good too.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like it fits nice!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by demonspeed
Looks like it fits nice!
Thanks everyone!

Yes it does fit very nice, looks killer in person and sounds even better than the vid! Its a custom job, had a friend of my mechanic's do it off the books since Indiana technically requires emissions, just doesn't test for them.

The only thing I really don't like is it hits the rear end when I hit a bump, but thats the consequence of lowering the car I suppose. Its not the end of the world.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Launching!

Lift the back of the car up, pull the springs out, lift the rear axle up till it hits the bump stops. Perhaps get taller bump stops to stop the axle from hitting the pipes? What size pipe did you use?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Launching!

2.5" Pipe iirc

As far as the bump stops go, I removed them when I did the BFH on the rear fenders to fit the back wheels on.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Had 2 more vid requests, the picture quality is a bit weak on these, we did that to make them smaller files to upload, the audio quality is still there though.

Drive by vid

In car vid

Quick Reply: Pacesetter LT straights?