General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Lq 408 build help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq 408 build help

Planning and researching 408 build over the next year. This is what I got so far.
-Lq4 block bored .03
-Rotating assembly from Texas - speed including:
(- diamond -15cc dish pistons
-callies dragonslayer crank
-Napier steel top ring set
-clevite coated main & rod bearings
-callies ultra h-beam connecting rod)
-ARP 2000 stud kit
-FAST 102mm lsx intake
-FAST 102mm lsx tb
-AFR 230cc heads
-APS stealth twin turbo (for ls2) @ 15psi
-devil's own stage 2 meth injection kit (for reliability and safety)
-Custom grind cam for turbo (unknown)
Running all standard accessories, a built th400 trans, chromoly drive shaft, unknown rear I'm aiming for 850+rwhp with decent street manners out of boost and a slight/mild lope. The main goal of the build is to have a reliable full forged daily driver that I can be proud of on weekends at the track, not to mention my first performance engine build!

Still gotta run it by a builder, but what do you guys think? On the right track?
Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lq408
Planning and researching 408 build over the next year. This is what I got so far.
-Lq4 block bored .03
-Rotating assembly from Texas - speed including:
(- diamond -15cc dish pistons
-callies dragonslayer crank
-Napier steel top ring set
-clevite coated main & rod bearings
-callies ultra h-beam connecting rod)
-ARP 2000 stud kit
-FAST 102mm lsx intake
-FAST 102mm lsx tb
-AFR 230cc heads
-APS stealth twin turbo (for ls2) @ 15psi
-devil's own stage 2 meth injection kit (for reliability and safety)
-Custom grind cam for turbo (unknown)
Running all standard accessories, a built th400 trans, chromoly drive shaft, unknown rear I'm aiming for 850+rwhp with decent street manners out of boost and a slight/mild lope. The main goal of the build is to have a reliable full forged daily driver that I can be proud of on weekends at the track, not to mention my first performance engine build!

Still gotta run it by a builder, but what do you guys think? On the right track?
I think your off to a good start. We are currently building 2 very similar setups in the shop right now, one of which is identical specs to what you have listed above. The biggest difference is our customer is going to run nitrous instead of a turbo like you plan. There are also a few variations in brands, but all the brands you are interested in we can offer you at great prices. I'll get you some specs on everything where maybe you can use it as a baseline. The engine is currently being built so we are taking pictures and documenting everything, so I will make a build thread in the near future for it as well. Im happy to help with any questions or parts that you may need. Just let us know we are here for you guys.

Quick Reply: Lq 408 build help