General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Symbol performance llc 102 manifold fraud!!!! Be aware!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Symbol performance llc 102 manifold fraud!!!! Be aware!!!!!

Hey guys just wanted to inform you about my recent attempt to take one for the team and purchase the intake manifold that has been getting a lot of attention on the net.

So heres my story.....
On january 5th I called symbol performance and spoke to a man named scott, he said the intake manifolds and fuel rails were in stock and ready to ship should take 5-10 days to ship. On january 7th I placed the order and was charged 599$ immediately. I was not able to get in contact with scott after, countless calls, a few voice mails, and texts, no answer back. I sent one last text saying "I have not been able to contact you in almost a month, if you dont respond back i will call the fraud dept and get my money back one wway or another." He responded back saying "He was sorry they were running behind in production and the manifold was shipped and i will be recieving an email with tracking info. Guess what? no email.. and no answer.. this happened twice where he said he shipped the manifold. Now I did a little bit of research under his phone number, basically I catfished this dude. So the I back tracked his cell phone he gave to me and was texting me from, google search came up with a store and guess what the phone number that came up matched with a mattress store.. someone who owns a mattress store and a performance shop in a diffrent state? a little odd. I dowloaded an app to call from a made up phone number because he would not answer my calls. I used an area code that matched up with his local "mattress shop" and also his cell phone number that he was texting me from. Guess what? he answered stating it was Scott with luxury mattresses.. He was very set back and paused for a few seconds when I said it was andrew. I told him firmly he needs to refund my money within 5 days or ship the product i purchased otherwise i will call my fraud department and get my money back one way or another. 5 days went by, no money.. filled a fraud claim and still waiting for my money, should be in today or tomorrow. I oredered a FAST lSXR 102 manifold and FAST fuel rails. I dont know if this guy is trying to pull a fast one but BE AWARE i know a lot of people in my area have been talking about it but now have strayed away. Just an FYI STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUDE

Last edited by RPM WS6; 02-18-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor links removed.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

does this clown have a web site?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 PM

Yes he does and Facebook, symbol performance llc Google search you'll find it. Also forgot to mention that he deleted my posts on his Facebook page in regards to the intake. Also tried contacting the two people who gave him positive reviews on his Facebook, no replies probably just fake accounts.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The intake you paid for is probably still in a shipping container on its way from China. What's the name of the app you used? It could really come in handy from time to time.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:41 PM

Yeah for real, I put it on my card so either way I knew I was getting my money back. I was going to be a guinea pig, but i guess it worked out. Its called burner, you get like 20 free minutes and like 50 text messages for free and you pick what number you use plus area code. Worked like a charm lol sneaky me haha
Old 02-19-2015, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Domain Name: SYMBOLPERFORMANCELLC.COM
Creation Date: 23-nov-2014
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: SCOTT MCKINNEY
Registrant Organization: WHOLESALE FURNITURE SUPPLY LLC
Old 02-21-2015, 10:18 PM

Anyone else hear about this guy before?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Launching!

I just dont understand why you would order without researching. We have a ton of vendors that sell that intake on hère. Glad your getting your money back.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I should charge you 599 for having to read that post, ever hear of a thing called a paragraph?
Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Teching In

What a scam. It's all just ebay china junk that they claim to be making in house.

https://www.facebook.com/symbolperformanceisnotreal
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Kind of figured it was China junk when they started with the valve covers claiming made in the usa. The look identical to my eBay ones.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

They also claim to be affiliated with sema but they are no where to be seen on sema's web site. I mean is it fraud to claim made in the usa and part of sema?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

I can vouch for them being a complete POS!

I had one in my hand the other day and at first glance they seem somewhat ok but a closer inspection and you see very rough cnc work and MY GOD when i looked into the plenum there were terrible welds and i was literally pulling shavings of aluminum from seams etc.

I'll try and get the pics i took posted later.....but save your money for something like the Holley Hi-ram if it fits
Old 03-31-2015, 12:22 AM
10 Second Club

Something needs to be done about this guy. I was moments away from thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these but just kept thinking it was too good to be true. Some more research led mere to this thread. Man am I glad I second guessed it. If you have liked them on Facebook, you could at least report the page as fraud I guess.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Are these the same ones you see all over Ebay?

I'm waiting for my buddy to send me the pics and i'll post them up to see if the quality was the same as the one i had in hand....
Old 04-03-2015, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIXLSXSUPRA
Are these the same ones you see all over Ebay?

I'm waiting for my buddy to send me the pics and i'll post them up to see if the quality was the same as the one i had in hand....
Did you get the pictures yet?
Old 04-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Teching In

This gets even better:

https://www.facebook.com/wholesalefurnituresupplyllc
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Google Scott McKinney... this guy is a known scammer and felon. Also goes by Scott Luthor and SMM Performance Parts

https://www.facebook.com/ScottMichae...=browse_search

http://thedirty.com/gossip/chicago/s...ted-fraudster/
Old 06-07-2015, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received a Intake, 102 TB and Fuel Rails from them. Looks good, until you go to install it. Here are the issues we have has.
1. Injector Bungs are crooked and some raised higher than other, there for injectors and fuel rail fitment sucks.
2. The Intake mounting flange is warped, not horrible, but its warped.
3. Intake holes only a few bolts will start, the others would require grinding to open them up for adjustment.
4. The intake runners if you look in the front of the tb opening are different lengths, some stick up higher than others.

So after attempting to make contact with them, they would answer facebook messenger, but when asked about a time I could call, no response. They say claim they would have ups pick it up and send another. Looks like a blame game between ups and symbol performance now. Also deleted any comments on facebook about how bad there communication was. Still stuck with the intake. Might require a machinist to make it work correctly. Rails looked good, tb looked good so far.

Quick Reply: Symbol performance llc 102 manifold fraud!!!! Be aware!!!!!