General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cryotreating, anyone have any first hand experience?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cryotreating, anyone have any first hand experience?

Been hearing about this for 10 years now in the motorsports industry, given the pricing (bout 5 bucks per pound) it seemed like a worthwhile investment for some transmission parts im going to be installing over the next month or two, such as an input shaft. Been looking into using "CryoPlus Inc.", heard about them on performance trucks, people seem to have mixed feelings regarding whether or not its a tried and true process or not, anyone here have any first hand experience with the process? I have always been fascinated by metallurgy and heat treating processes and have always been a believer in the science, never used cryotreating before though.

http://www.cryoplus.com/
Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no first hand experience but some of the reputable t56 builders that are sponsors on here offer cryo treating

its not witchcraft its well accepted in industry that it strengthens metals so don't let anybody discourage you from doing it unless they have some solid data backing what they say...
Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a bunch of trans parts cryo treated for my rebuild. I was told to test fit everything before the parts are treated. If you need to file off any metal after the process you defeat the purpose in that area.

Quick Reply: cryotreating, anyone have any first hand experience?