General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How much do you think the 6th gen will hurt 5th gen values?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much do you think the 6th gen will hurt 5th gen values?

I can't help but notice quite a few super low mileage 5th gen SS's for sale. I'd really like a 1LE car, but I'm pretty weary of doing so just because the new one is available for order August 13th. Seems like a lot of folks are trying to sell them, can't help but wonder if it's to get the new one. There's a dealer in Miami that somehow is selling 15 SS's for $7500 plus off sticker (A member here bought one for over $10k off at that store). I can't get a dealer near me to come close.
I guess the thought of 455/455 and losing weight is pretty promising
Old 07-29-2015, 12:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

The oldest 5th gens will be coming off, or have already come off, the 60-month loans that many of them were bought with so that, combined with the 6th gen release, is going to give some of those 5th gen owners the itch to move on. And as the 6th gens come into stock dealers will obviously want to push out any remaining 5th gen units, so whether you are looking for left-over new or used inventory, there will probably be some decent deals to be had.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm talking about the 13-14's I'm seeing with very low miles. What things might make an enthusiast like us get rid of a low mile SS? I've heard they are hard to see out of, didnt really notice that on my quick test drive.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any time something new comes out that is an improvement over what its replacing the value of the older will drop whether its an I phone , a flat screen tv or a lighter and more powerful f body

this sucks if you own a 5th gen but is great if you aspire to own a 5th gen with a new 6th gen /new car out of your budget you can count on 5th gens dropping some , how much we will see, hard to predict a thing like that....
Old 07-30-2015, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i cant get any deals either and ive been waiting for years. my problem is the way i want it it would have to be ordered so i might have to wait for a 6th gen and give in and pay more.

Quick Reply: How much do you think the 6th gen will hurt 5th gen values?