General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

4th gen carbureted

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th gen carbureted

Trying to drop a lm7 truck engine with edelbrock vic jr intake on a BMR tubular k member but the pan hits one of the steering rack brackets should I hammer the oil pan to clear the bracket or spend 300 dollars to buy the ls1 plan pick up and windage tray. Right now the engine has the summit muscle car oil pan.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You cant hammer it, its cast aluminum... It will shatter... You never said what kind of car its going in but I am going to assume Fbody. So it would make sense to get the Fbody pan that fits that Kmember and car.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Yea its going in an f body Camaro the engine mounts are the aluminum billet ones also have different questions man don't know where to start. I also don't know what to do with the knock sensors if I'm going to use the MSD 6010 and th350 do I need the computer just for the knock sensors or do I delete them. I have a billet aluminum valley cover also that blocks the holes. But to avoid knock is it enough to run high octane and retard the timing on the MSD box or do I really need the knock sensors. It's my first build man
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RightWingCamaro
Yea its going in an f body Camaro
You are aware just saying Fbody can mean 1967-2002 Fbody... Being more specific can be more helpful
Old 11-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Yea sorry year 2000 originally 3.8 series 2 5 speed manual. Now 5.3 th350 sort of because not done yet. Just don't know what to do about the knock sensors if its worth it to hook up the pcm. I don't plan on using the stock guage cluster I plan on using a piece of sheeetal aluminum and cut holes to fit autometer oil pressure guage and tach water temp and maybe speedometer. Also all of this is being done at my driveway after school and running low on cash because of life problems.

Quick Reply: 4th gen carbureted