General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ls3 Plug and play in 99 fbody

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ls3 Plug and play in 99 fbody

Ok so recently purchased Gm's Ls3 crate motor with its plug and play harness and accessory drive kit, the previous ls1 was blown up and far beyond a rebuild. So the mechanical part of the swap has been great, mounted right up to the tranny and k member. But I am running into electrical problems at my point in the build, the harness is hooked up great but I have no idea how the standalone computer system that came with the ls3 will communicate with my 99 dash gauges, Tach, Oil pressure, Coolent temp, ect. From the research i have done i am assuming that i just have to buy Aftermarket gauges to read oil pressure, which i am most concerned about because of start up. Also i have not connected the old battery harness to a fresh battery, but i am assuming that it will just crank the starter over with no modifications to the ignition system. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated as i am at a stand still in my build atm.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:26 PM
8 Second Club

Received 94 Likes on 75 Posts

Use stock pcm and harness, a lingenfelter 52 to 24 converter, and some small changes and you should be up and running.

Trying to run the new pcm and integrating it into the car will be very time consuming.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
Use stock pcm and harness, a lingenfelter 52 to 24 converter, and some small changes and you should be up and running.

Trying to run the new pcm and integrating it into the car will be very time consuming.
The problem is that my step dad ending up selling the old harness( Dont ask me why) so im stuck with what i have right now
Old 11-25-2017, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tylluc20
The problem is that my step dad ending up selling the old harness( Dont ask me why) so im stuck with what i have right now
I'd contact Speartech in that case, either way at this point you're going to pay $$$ to integrate the LS3 stuff into the 99 - far from compatible without serious reworking. Actually there was a place I saw that still sells our stock harness brand new, its like $800 but for peace of mind its well worth it IMHO. I'll try to locate it for you.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 PM
10 Second Club

You might want to repost this in the conversion/swap section of the forum. You'll get better visability and replies to this kind of problem. Hopefully they can get you pointed in the right direction on the cheap!

Quick Reply: Ls3 Plug and play in 99 fbody