General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Older 5.7 or newer 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 07:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1 - Less things to break.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So had a deal done a 6.0 lq9 ....... but then the guys sold it out from under me.

Looking at a lq4 out of a H2 ....... assuming no issues with these apart from 4WD to 2WD.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Havent found a lot of information on people using the LQ4 out of a hummer H2.

But what I have found suggests its just the same as those fond in the trucks etc.

No special configuration.

Anyone have recommendations on where to get ECU's - few companies on EBAY but not sure if any better than the rest.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Just wondered if you got an answer to your 6L80 question. I just finished a conversion but before going down that road I contacted the folks at PAC (the sellers of the kit) and the guy told me that the slip yoke kit has been on back order for more than a year. I gave it a few days and called back, this time I got a different guy but the same story. Having heard this twice, I ordered the parts from AC Delco and had a local transmission shop complete the conversion. I tho there are pics of the completed conversion if u look up my 2-3 posts.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Plastic LS Engine = Trade Show Exhibit

Hi All, my "test" LS engine IS PLASTIC with eight of my IGN coils fitted inside, battery powered, with the sound of a running engine.
I find it, a plastic engine, much easier to transport to PRI/SEMA/WTI than an AL LS engine.
This display engine equipped with my Eight Stack Intake ALWAYS draws a lot of attention.

I have used this same engine for a fitment test when building a chassis.

The cost for this item is LESS than a LS "core" engine AND it is much less to ship !

Lance
Old 05-13-2018, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Default L83/6L80E Seap

I’m in the middle of a 2015 L83/6L80E swap and there are several issues that I’ve had to address so far and I’m sure there will be plenty more.

1. Transmission - convert from 4wd to 2wd - complete
2. Engine harness - complete
3. ECM / TCU flash- complete
4. Air pump removal / plug oiling ports - complete
5. Fuel issue - have the parts but its in progress
6. Oil pan - installing the engine on Wed. 16 May so we will see if I need a low profile pan, but I thk so.
7. Pwr steering pump install (u need this for brake system too) - not there yet
8. A/C compressor relocation - wont find out if i need to relocate until next week, but I thk so.
9. Oil Cooler removal - will see if I need to remove on Wed.

Last edited by rays35; 05-13-2018 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Text change
Old 05-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rays35
Just wondered if you got an answer to your 6L80 question. I just finished a conversion but before going down that road I contacted the folks at PAC (the sellers of the kit) and the guy told me that the slip yoke kit has been on back order for more than a year. I gave it a few days and called back, this time I got a different guy but the same story. Having heard this twice, I ordered the parts from AC Delco and had a local transmission shop complete the conversion. I tho there are pics of the completed conversion if u look up my 2-3 posts.
Hey Rays.
Yeah I heard the same as I was looking at a newer 5.3/6l80e combo.
In the end got lucky on a 69k miles lq4/4l65e from a diesel conversion for $1500.

Pulled the pan today - real clean. I'll probably get away with a $400 4wd=>2WD swap between gaskets/seals/VSS/housing and a couple upgrades and maybe refresh 3/4.