General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Advanced Induction Missing in Action?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advanced Induction Missing in Action?

hey all, sent my LS3 heads into Advanced Induction last October, they were saying a 1 month turnaround. No rush at the time, I was having my 417 built and that was going slow too.

In December they contacted me that the dropped valve was repaired and they were going to wrap them up after the new years. I answered back, and have not heard from them again. Emailed in Jan, Feb, and March, called and left messages on the voice mail - NADA.

I am not out any cash, just my heads, but sure annoying.

Anyone else have any trouble with them?

Ed
Old 04-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having the same issues, sent them L92 heads to be worked at the beginning of the year. Emailed him 5 weeks ago, he said 1-2 weeks and sent an invoice. I paid the invoice the next day and now can't get in contact with him. I've tried email, text, call - no response the past few weeks.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

well, I did get an email back this time that he "thinks" my heads are done and will get back to me...will see what happens.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow, thats ridiculous.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Sucks that you guys are going threw this b.s but atleast I know who I would not send a set of heads to in order to get ported
Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, wonder what is going on there. Personally have not been a fan of that company for some time.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Unfortunate but I once again would suggest Texas Speed for people looking to get machine work done. Their customer service was top notch and product came back looking fantastic.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Took my 862 heads to Texas Speed and go them within a week,, Got to visit their shop, what a "First Class" outfit!!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah texas speed and ws6 store, both great to deal with. Got my whole top end from texas speed and it was at my door in a week.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Teching In

I sent a set of 799's to them in January and was told 6 weeks. I got them 8 weeks later. Heads look great but the communication aspect could have been better.

Did you guys get your heads?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrianI
I sent a set of 799's to them in January and was told 6 weeks. I got them 8 weeks later. Heads look great but the communication aspect could have been better.

Did you guys get your heads?
Yep, should have updated! Did get an answer and they shipped back, finally have the heads and am working on the build.

I agree, good work at good prices, I just think he is swamped
Old 05-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They received mine on August the 3rd of 2017 and I was quoted 6 weeks at the time. I didn’t receive them until October 21st. Dates verified through emails back and forth between us.

They did an awsome job with them! Fully cleaned and no debris or metal chips found anywhere. A bit of a bummer having to communicate through email but I also understand they are super busy. Answering phone calls would take away from the work they got to do.

Phil usually responded within 24 hours and was super helpful in answering my questions. I originally was going with a off the shelf cam and had given him the specs for that cam, but mid wait I decided to go through Pat G instead. Emailed him with Pats specs and where I needed the heads to be and he said ok we will take care of you. No complaints beside the wait but I was told upfront. Kind of odd you aren’t getting any sort of responses back though. I think the longest time he got back to me was a few days but I was also told they had some sort of event he was at.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are fortunate to be extremely busy. As many of you guys know from the long responses I've often sent out, I tend to enjoy talking with everyone. However, I have less time to be in the office lately. Email responses will often be delayed. In order to keep the backlog of work from getting too long, we're making a few changes for the time being to help us keep up. Thank you guys so much for working with us, and keeping us so busy over the years!
  • Current Backlog for most types of LSx & DI LT-X CNC work is roughly 2 months
  • Only LSx & DI LT-X jobs for now. Run of old school LT likely ~July/Aug.
  • Only doing full CNC porting jobs - no Performance Rebuilds
  • No one-off cams - we will keep a few popular grinds on hand
This right here is off the web site.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Teching In

They just did my 243s for me and took 6-8 weeks but I don’t have a problem with that as I was warned up front it would be that long.They did their usual quality work and the heads came back flawless just like always ,I say having way too much work is a good thing and the communication was as it always is Phil will get back with you when he has time .I would do it again many times over to use a business that does that level of work.Worth waiting for imo. mike
Old 05-22-2018, 11:10 PM
Teching In

My Engine Builder Karl Ellwein suggested I use them. He's building his #79 for me. I sent Phil a check for heads and cam and a port match. I sent him my check in a box with my brand new LT4 manifold that I got off e-bay from a guy in Australia, he had a whole pallet of them. That was back in September of 2017. Just last week Karl recieved the heads but no cam, no intake, and no refund. We both have emailed, texted for the last week no response.
My shortblock is done. Since I waited so long I decided to go with the AFR's 227 those were here a couple months ago. I'm so pissed off I've waited so long and all they send me are heads that Karl will use on another build. But A & I still owes me a refund for my cam, the port matching, and most importantly my LT4 manifold that I'll probably never come across a new one again.
Word to the wise if a company only responds to emails only and you can't get a person on the other end. STAY THE F**K AWAY.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Well, guess I can scratch them off my list. Was seriously considering having them work up some 799's for me.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Teching In

WOW! Sorry to hear that Z-Outlaw! That's the first negative I've heard about AI other than the communication issues.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERARMY
We are fortunate to be extremely busy. As many of you guys know from the long responses I've often sent out, I tend to enjoy talking with everyone. However, I have less time to be in the office lately. Email responses will often be delayed. In order to keep the backlog of work from getting too long, we're making a few changes for the time being to help us keep up. Thank you guys so much for working with us, and keeping us so busy over the years!
  • Current Backlog for most types of LSx & DI LT-X CNC work is roughly 2 months
  • Only LSx & DI LT-X jobs for now. Run of old school LT likely ~July/Aug.
  • Only doing full CNC porting jobs - no Performance Rebuilds
  • No one-off cams - we will keep a few popular grinds on hand
This right here is off the web site.
Ive chastised MWC about this, and am about to start in on Wolfe Racecraft for my 3-4 week estimate which is now at 11+ weeks. Huron speed 6-8 weeks turned into 4 full months. HIRE SOME ******* HELP, or give realistic deadlines. Learn how to run your damn business.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

I don't mind waiting for quality work if they are up front about it, I talked to a nationally known machine shop/engine builder that's local to me about having roots supercharger rebuilt. He told me if I dropped it off that day he could have it back in a couple days, 30 days later I finally get to pick it up. I wasn't to upset because it was going on a test/play engine but it still bothers me that people can't seem to tell you the truth.
Side note: Every time I go into his shop I'm greeted by a couple dozen engines sitting around the shop either getting rebuilt or already done, All are 500ci or bigger all aluminum drag engines either run on methanol or nitromethane. I want a nitro motor just to fire up on occasion to **** my neighbors off
Old 05-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Update; Phil contacted me, via text and apologized. He had the intake done awhile ago but didn't ship it out with the heads. He said he would refund my money for the cam or grind me one up still. I guess Karl must of reamed him a knew one because he actually talked to him.
After talking with Karl we decided to go with Loyd Elliot for a cam. Not to bag on A&I but having to wait for so long and not getting everything at once. It's your all's choice to use them they do great work but the communication sucks. I feel that the only way Phil responded to me is because Karl had to threaten him with small claims court.