General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS6 cam-HELP on deciding

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 cam-HELP on deciding

Hi:

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I can get some feedback on this CAM. It has been siting in my Garage for over a year but I never used it as I'm not sure what the specs means. I plan on building my LS6 motor, no plan of using NOS or Boost, and mainly street would this be a good cam to use? if so do I need to make any upgrades to the top end, springs, Pushrod's, etc??

Any help would be well appreciated..

Thanks in Advance..
Old 06-04-2018, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by chernandez240

Hi:

I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if I can get some feedback on this CAM. It has been siting in my Garage for over a year but I never used it as I'm not sure what the specs means. I plan on building my LS6 motor, no plan of using NOS or Boost, and mainly street would this be a good cam to use? if so do I need to make any upgrades to the top end, springs, Pushrod's, etc??

Any help would be well appreciated..

Thanks in Advance..
Not a fan of anything with the Herbert name on it. Had a stroker from Doug Herbert performance - total pile of junk and they didn't stand behind it. I would sell it on ebay and get one our the reputable sponsors from LS1Tech to spec a cam for your application. PatG has an excellent reputation.

Objective comments - people use 224/234 size comes in LS motors and bigger. The ramp rate appears slow compared to a Comp XE cam of the same size. The lift is fairly mild at ~ .566, I would want to a new valve spring kit with new retainers, locks etc. Aftermarket push rods. You will need to measure. The 111 LSA and 108 center line are tighter than most of the typical LS cams. This looks more like a carb cam to me at first look.

Someone else will have to examine the valve events.

Old 06-05-2018, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Texas Speed and WS6 store have great priced cam kits.cam of your choice ,proper valve springs ,and better then stock push rods