General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

People opinion and why

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People opinion and why

I'm about to start my ls build but I am very lost. The transmission I know for sure I'm going to get is the th400 because it is strong, and durable not only that but it will hold more then enough power if I decide to put a supercharger, and turbo kit on the car but that is not the issue the issue is the motor. If I should get the 5.3 vortec or 6.0 vortec. Not only that but I do want to get it bored out alittle and if I don't do it take it to a engine shop and let them over look it, and change out the cam the Pistons and rings, heads, and see what else to add more power and durable to the motor as well. On the motor the first to months I will drive it just to get use to it and get a feel of how it moves. But after that I will put the supercharger on then if I feel for more power at the mid way point turbo for that. I know the 5.3 is older and cheaper with less power stock but it also is easy to build up, and yes I know the 6.0 will cost more, bad on gas but it has more power newer can hold alot of power so on and so on. But I want to know what motor to choose and what would you do if anyone can answer
Old 06-25-2018, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You have ALOT of reading to do....

Quick Reply: People opinion and why