General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 05:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

Quite a few have left. For one reason or another. The rest that are on here normally only post sales or some stuff. Very few actually interact or really seem to care for the money they put out.
And then some move to the more specific bread and butter forums too, but still social media is killing forums. I am on here nearly every day and i see post cycles alot. One year was bad as every other post was a fs post. now with the marketplace posts jamming everything up for ib to stay competitive i guess in the media market, it hurts alot of other threads and the guys abuse the hell out of it.
Ls1 tech also doesnt have a forum that is in direct competition with it. one reason is ib damn near owns em all and the other is the competition shut down.

I just said it earlier but ill say it again. We normally only post on here. Our sales and new products. We dont use ebay or amazon to sell our stuff either or fb marketplace. I posted our complete rebuild kits only on here, PT.NET and once or twice on our fb page. I can guarantee you most of the traffic we get on those parts are from here. Getting the word out is hard on new offerings like that, but ls1techies stepped up in a big way to help us there. THAT is why i still have faith in forums. That and i like to talk alot.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

happy new year and agree with all the comments. I have to stop and think of when I had a new one of these when you could buy them new and how many i"ve had since then. Living in Chicago, I had my original 96 rust out since I was young and used it in the winters. I hate these things so much that I bought a shell from arizona that was rest free so I can transfer all my parts to it I realistically think I can build one more based on the parts I have accumulated over the years and that is no joke.

I think they are fun to work on and play with and have that balance of raw vs. technology. I hate the 70s left over tech in the door panels, flimsy interior etc. The hard part is coming in the sense that it will cost more for little odds and ends that GM will not manufacture replacement parts for if it hasn't already.

The new cars blow these away in all respects. You can easily get a 4 door sedan that will have 300hp and out maneuver a fbody...but love seeing all the creativity of the swaps here and I think Denmah has done a lot for the site with all his open sharing.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum has much more useful and accurate information than Facebook. I strayed away from the forum for awhile after photobucket held everyones pictures hostage and made several good threads useless. Thank god many of the pictures are finally back. One thing that I find comical in my almost 7 years here is when I first joined, if someone asked a question that was similar to one already asked you would always get the "use the search function." response. Now I see people posting on old threads asking questions and a common response is "start a new thread"! Facebook is an entire different bag of drama. Fbody nation, with 70,000+ members has some good information if you can find it. There is a search function on facebook pages but it is not near as user friendly as these forums. I have told several young Fbody owners about ls1tech and they had no idea of its existence which is sad. But I feel the more we spread the word to the newer generations buying these cars the longer the forum will continue.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmanLS1
Spot on
A lot of traffic has moved to FB and unfortunately trying to find decent content over there sucks.
True about the traffic, but Facebook is searchable. I found it best to search within the specific group...Although I haven't found a good price on a used truck cam (i.e. BTR Stage 2, TSP, etc.), so I just joined here. I'm new to LS motors too.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GarrettM
Seems like this forum has slowed dramatically over the last few years. What happened? Im still on here daily. See tons of facebook groups now and everyone talks about the forums bieng dead because social media took over. I just cant understand it. I cant search FB post, i cant look at a doscussion from years ago. Etc. Where has everyone gone?
I just joined this forum recently because I felt this was superior than Facebook
Old 01-23-2019, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It is. Facebook is annoying for anything more than showing off what had been done recently, or something fun like that. Any real tech stuff FB is the worst platform for.