General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Put car in neutral Before installing motor....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 02:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put car in neutral Before installing motor....

So I finished my 5.3 motor and picked it up set it carefully into the engine compartment and yada yada yada I need to pull the transmission fill tube. Lots of fluid came out, so I figure the dumb *** I bought it from overfilled it. That side of the trans seems to be getting lower the more I try to get the motor set in place. Fluid is all over the place but I need to get the motor set down to clean it up. So I get a rope and tie up the passenger side of trans, I let the jack down and dad gum it the other side seems to mystically float in the air. Now I'm getting more freaking fluid. Finally I wade thru the trans fluid and and its turned 30 degrees. My transmissions mount is broken and I'm scratching my head. After looking for minute I realized I was the dumb ***. Every time I jacked the trans up and down it the trans turned a little more. I don't do this for a living but in 50 years I have installed a lot of engines and I have never know this to happen or have heard this story. The moral of the story is it's title.

Brian

Quick Reply: Put car in neutral Before installing motor....