General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Street Build -> Track Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Street Build -> Track Build

Hi Everyone!

I have not posted here in probably 5 years but I am looking for help. Long story short I have a 2000 T/A which turned into a project car after the motor blew. New motor has been built (specs in sig.) but I have since moved away from my shop in NY and been in Boston for 8 years now. Every now and then I work on the car and I have learned today that the wiring harness throughout the interior has been chewed on and in some cases through. I am over it, over all the issues and me wanting to make it street legal again.

So here is the idea, it is to become a strip car only. Loaded questions here but who has experience in this? I would like to use an aftermarket computer since this is the case.Can I gut the full interior? What needs to be left? From all I am thinking everything involving wires can go if I am running an aftermarket computer.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Can someone add a link to who has done this before?

Greatly appreciated and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 92 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Hi Everyone!

I have not posted here in probably 5 years but I am looking for help. Long story short I have a 2000 T/A which turned into a project car after the motor blew. New motor has been built (specs in sig.) but I have since moved away from my shop in NY and been in Boston for 8 years now. Every now and then I work on the car and I have learned today that the wiring harness throughout the interior has been chewed on and in some cases through. I am over it, over all the issues and me wanting to make it street legal again.

So here is the idea, it is to become a strip car only. Loaded questions here but who has experience in this? I would like to use an aftermarket computer since this is the case.Can I gut the full interior? What needs to be left? From all I am thinking everything involving wires can go if I am running an aftermarket computer.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Can someone add a link to who has done this before?

Greatly appreciated and Merry Christmas.

for track:
Pull every single wire.
Add standalone harness for pcm or aftermarket ECU.
Add a Spaghetti Menders kit and be DONE.
The following users liked this post:
Gordon0652 (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AgFormula02
for track:
Pull every single wire.
Add standalone harness for pcm or aftermarket ECU.
Add a Spaghetti Menders kit and be DONE.
interesting idea of stand alone F Body harness. Assuming it has an OBD II for tuning and possible for gauges?
Also thought that I can now add a 5 gallon fuel cell in the hatch with a bulkhead

Quick Reply: Street Build -> Track Build