General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Dealership emblem/decal

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership emblem/decal

What’s everyone’s opinion on dealer emblems? Do they add value to the car for collectibility or not? I have a 2002 Collector Edition Trans Am with the original dealer sticker which doesn’t look bad but was curious if anyone has ever heard if it is something that may add value for historical documentation.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:26 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

When I buy a car new, I tell the dealer that I don't want them adding any decals or emblems to advertise their dealership.

As for a used car, its up to you. I think dealer decals and emblems are ugly (except for maybe low production special runs like Yenko). However, if you try to remove it and the car is older and lived outside, you might find the paint underneath slightly darker since it didn't fade as much.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

From a historical/collector perspective, I can't see the decal alone adding any significant value without additional documentation. With that in mind, said original documentation (bill of sale, etc.) is going to be more interesting to most collectors in the first place than a sticker on the back bumper.

Certain dealers have been known for their in-house modifications on popular performance vehicles, so some folks like the association those decals bring when present on their car. Other folks simply like the historical connection to when the car was new. But, again, it's the original paperwork that is most desirable in terms of collector documentation since a sticker can be added by anyone at any point and doesn't really prove provenance without supporting paperwork.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

First thing I do is remove them or tell the dealer not to put their stupid sticker on my car.

Now if it was a dealership like Berger or something with some kind of special item installed from the dealer, I may leave it.

Quick Reply: Dealership emblem/decal