General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LQ9 Stroker with truck heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ9 Stroker with truck heads

I’m half way through sourcing parts for pro 2 build number 2. Last time I took the complete pull out from an 06’ GTO and swapped it into a 90’ 240sx.

This time around I’ll be using the same base chassis, but putting the motor together in a more race purposes fashion for higher rpms and reliability. That said we’re going with a stroker crank that is slightly under 4” giving us a better stroke to bore ratio. This is going to an all motor car for the time being, just to give you some background.

my question is as follows; will the truck heads fit under the hood of the 240, because we aren’t allowed to modify it to accommodate larger heads.

Also In talking about higher RPM configurations, if anyone has some recommendations for piston/cam combinations that worked well up to 8500 rpm I’m all ears.

thanks.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I'm doing cam, fast 102 and a bunch of other upgrades on my 06 bom gto.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited by Gresz; 05-28-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 430 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Beekman
I’m half way through sourcing parts for pro 2 build number 2. Last time I took the complete pull out from an 06’ GTO and swapped it into a 90’ 240sx.

This time around I’ll be using the same base chassis, but putting the motor together in a more race purposes fashion for higher rpms and reliability. That said we’re going with a stroker crank that is slightly under 4” giving us a better stroke to bore ratio. This is going to an all motor car for the time being, just to give you some background.

my question is as follows; will the truck heads fit under the hood of the 240, because we aren’t allowed to modify it to accommodate larger heads.

Also In talking about higher RPM configurations, if anyone has some recommendations for piston/cam combinations that worked well up to 8500 rpm I’m all ears.

thanks.
All of the heads are almost identical in size. I'm not sure which heads you think are larger...
The following users liked this post:
cookseyb (07-11-2020)

Quick Reply: LQ9 Stroker with truck heads