General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Fuel fill not accepting gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel fill not accepting gas

Recently dropped my tank, installed a new pump & hotwire kit... The evap system on the intake got removed on an earlier project... so I took the charcoal canister off the tank, ran a vent line from the tank up my filler neck... I tested it, and it flows air, both ways... I also knocked out the anti siphon valve... Why oh why won't my car accept gas? Put the nozzle in, click it on (even slow) and it'll puke gas back out... I'm at a loss, please help?!
01 WS6...

Last edited by cjruot; 08-13-2020 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:54 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So the antisiphon valve has been removed? What about the metal fuel filler flap, is it still there? I've seen where one of these got dislodged and was hindering filling up.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chpbstrd
So the antisiphon valve has been removed? What about the metal fuel filler flap, is it still there? I've seen where one of these got dislodged and was hindering filling up.
Yes, the anti siphon valve hit the trash can...
The metal flap seems to function as it should... its built into the filler neck, correct? I can put a gas nozzle or a funnel thru it just fine and it seems to return to it's closed position when the nozzle is removed...

Quick Reply: Fuel fill not accepting gas