General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Oil prices heading north real quick. Not again....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Default Oil prices heading north real quick. Not again....

I was hoping these days were gone but oil has climbed to nearly $70 per barrel real quick as I write this. Are we headed to $100 prices again?? Premium fuel prices could soon be over $4 per gallon. I was paying $4.40 per gallon for my T/A in those $100+ per barrel days. No fun but that's the world of crude oil with it's ups and downs. I wouldn't give up any ride I had because of gas prices. That's life. Many owners regretted giving up their V8 cars to get econo models. Don't make that mistake if you enjoy your cars. The high prices will probably pass just like the last time. Always in cycles.
At least there is no gas shortage or embargo. Most of you probably never lived through that era in the 70's waiting in long lines on odd/even days to get just 8 - 10 gallons of gas. The lesson learned from those days was never let OPEC control the US fuel supplies. The US has done real well with energy independence and let's hope it continues. Enjoy your rides!
The following users liked this post:
War Prayer (03-07-2021)
Old 03-07-2021, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I was hoping these days were gone but oil has climbed to nearly $70 per barrel real quick as I write this. Are we headed to $100 prices again?? Premium fuel prices could soon be over $4 per gallon. I was paying $4.40 per gallon for my T/A in those $100+ per barrel days. No fun but that's the world of crude oil with it's ups and downs. I wouldn't give up any ride I had because of gas prices. That's life. Many owners regretted giving up their V8 cars to get econo models. Don't make that mistake if you enjoy your cars. The high prices will probably pass just like the last time. Always in cycles.
At least there is no gas shortage or embargo. Most of you probably never lived through that era in the 70's waiting in long lines on odd/even days to get just 8 - 10 gallons of gas. The lesson learned from those days was never let OPEC control the US fuel supplies. The US has done real well with energy independence and let's hope it continues. Enjoy your rides!
I like my cars.

Last edited by Che70velle; 03-07-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:18 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,503 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Closing this one down. It’s going to get political real quick...no way around it.

Quick Reply: Oil prices heading north real quick. Not again....