General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which build will have best return on my time/money?
Street strip build
66.67%
Pro-touring
0%
Restore to original
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

68 chevelle SS 396, pro-tour or street strip or restore to original

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 01:28 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
That's why you see so many LS conversions. Guys want modern performance with classic style. But something is lost there, too...

...There's just something about the rowdiness and rawness of the old muscle that has never lost it's appeal to me.
I agree. I do certainly appreciate some of the modern drivetrain/suspension/brake advancements found in newer cars, but I have no interest in ever converting my '71 to such. The raw muscle feel of the "dinosaur" tech from that era is, to me, a very desirable aspect of this car. Rather than trying to make everything old feel modern, I'd rather just have separate cars that offer different but more pure experiences, similar in range to your collection in fact. Perhaps if I could only have one car or toy I might feel differently.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I agree. I do certainly appreciate some of the modern drivetrain/suspension/brake advancements found in newer cars, but I have no interest in ever converting my '71 to such. The raw muscle feel of the "dinosaur" tech from that era is, to me, a very desirable aspect of this car. Rather than trying to make everything old feel modern, I'd rather just have separate cars that offer different but more pure experiences, similar in range to your collection in fact. Perhaps if I could only have one car or toy I might feel differently.
Bingo. Sound, feel, and vintage just puts a smile on your face. Having variety is nice. Imagine going to a strip club and every woman looked the same. I like the blondes, brunettes and the hybrids!

Quick Reply: 68 chevelle SS 396, pro-tour or street strip or restore to original