General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tuned by Frost

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

OP any updates?
Old 02-16-2023, 04:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here I sent him my ECM end of January 2023 and ZERO communications. The I send him email and get the automated email reply dated from the week of Christmas last year indicating COVID both sick and had a child born way early in ICU or something like that. He does really good work and happy with previous work he completed. I hope the best for him and his family. But a quick edit of web site with the statement I am shutting down for bit would have been helpful too. It appears I have no choice to get my ECM back by calling local law enforcement. I just want it back and will cancel Pay Pal transaction. I still hope the best for him and family. Not much more any of us can do.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

If it's a family health issue, making a post on his site would reassure people.
The following 2 users liked this post by wannafbody:
Tyler Dietzenbach (02-17-2023), ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 07:56 AM
Teching In

I just got a refund from PayPal so he is looking at emails as he authorized it. Now to get my original ECM back. Another guy just contacted me as he is sending back ECM units. I hope to get mine back in a timely manner. I sure wish him the best of luck for his entire family.
Old 02-23-2023, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JGPLS1
I just got a refund from PayPal so he is looking at emails as he authorized it. Now to get my original ECM back. Another guy just contacted me as he is sending back ECM units. I hope to get mine back in a timely manner. I sure wish him the best of luck for his entire family.
I can't fathom why he would check his emails to deal with refund requests but not respond to anyone with details about the situation and people's parts.
The following users liked this post:
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 02-23-2023, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

Its not uncommon for small businesses that do custom precision work, with a 1 or 2 man show burn out.
The more they do the more word of mouth until they get overwhelmed and just stop.
cars
guns
machine shops
programmers..

Always sucks for everybody.
The following 2 users liked this post by pdxmotorhead:
01CamaroSSTx (05-30-2023), wannafbody (02-23-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I guess no one bothered contacting him?
I just emailed him today and got this not long after.

PLEASE READ (even though this is an auto-reply):

Current Week of Mon 12-19-2022 through Friday 12-23-2022 :

I had covid bad and quarantined from family but after 10 days they still got sick. Wife is just over 8 months pregnant and our 2 year old got sick also with high fever. I had to take care of them because she was sick and couldn't move well. I'm just back to work. Sorry for delay; we were sick-sick... I'm working through ECMs and then will be back to email.

12-13-22 our daughter had to be born early and has been in the NICU since birth. I am with her daily and hoping that she comes home soon.

I'm sorry for the continued delay. I hope to be home with her by Tues or weds and able to return to work.

Email volume is currently high; please be patient, I'm sorry for delays. Hotmail and Yahoo customers... most of our replies seem to goto your spam or simply just vanish.. PLEASE use another email service when contacting us if possible.

Mail order tuning volume in general is moderate and is currently shipping at 1-3 days turn-around time, with bolt-ons controllers being towards the lesser end of that range (and often same day), and cals with internal mods towards the other end. Complicated calibrations such as multi-bar SD or cals requiring segments swaps may take an extra day or two.

PCM's sent in take priority over all other work (including email replies) to ensure that they can be turned around as fast as possible.

If your question is about Mail Order tuning, Please make sure you have checked the FAQ: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/faq.htm as well as the section for your individual tuning application picked from this list: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/services2.htm That link takes you to individual applications. Each provides information, pricing, and all of the details you need to get your PCM out, paid for, programmed and returned.

I try to answer all emails, but being one person, many times when volume is high, it is unfortunately impossible to do (and still get all of the work done that comes in). If you want something off the website, just buy it. If you can check out, the item IS in stock. All problem emails or emails from prior customers will be returned as soon as possible and with priority.

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2023, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gene Cheeseman
I guess no one bothered contacting him?
I just emailed him today and got this not long after.

PLEASE READ (even though this is an auto-reply):

Current Week of Mon 12-19-2022 through Friday 12-23-2022 :

I had covid bad and quarantined from family but after 10 days they still got sick. Wife is just over 8 months pregnant and our 2 year old got sick also with high fever. I had to take care of them because she was sick and couldn't move well. I'm just back to work. Sorry for delay; we were sick-sick... I'm working through ECMs and then will be back to email.

12-13-22 our daughter had to be born early and has been in the NICU since birth. I am with her daily and hoping that she comes home soon.

I'm sorry for the continued delay. I hope to be home with her by Tues or weds and able to return to work.

Email volume is currently high; please be patient, I'm sorry for delays. Hotmail and Yahoo customers... most of our replies seem to goto your spam or simply just vanish.. PLEASE use another email service when contacting us if possible.

Mail order tuning volume in general is moderate and is currently shipping at 1-3 days turn-around time, with bolt-ons controllers being towards the lesser end of that range (and often same day), and cals with internal mods towards the other end. Complicated calibrations such as multi-bar SD or cals requiring segments swaps may take an extra day or two.

PCM's sent in take priority over all other work (including email replies) to ensure that they can be turned around as fast as possible.

If your question is about Mail Order tuning, Please make sure you have checked the FAQ: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/faq.htm as well as the section for your individual tuning application picked from this list: http://www.tunedbyfrost.com/services2.htm That link takes you to individual applications. Each provides information, pricing, and all of the details you need to get your PCM out, paid for, programmed and returned.

I try to answer all emails, but being one person, many times when volume is high, it is unfortunately impossible to do (and still get all of the work done that comes in). If you want something off the website, just buy it. If you can check out, the item IS in stock. All problem emails or emails from prior customers will be returned as soon as possible and with priority.

Thanks!
​​​​​​
Thats the same auto reply I recieved on all of my emails up to February 23rd with no updates or response.
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls_ta
​​​​​​
Thats the same auto reply I recieved on all of my emails up to February 23rd with no updates or response.
I paid and e-mailed my file for him to modify in the beginning of December and have also heard nothing back, so he must not be getting any work completed for whatever reason. It would be nice if he could let everyone know whats going on.
So you don't think this is an explanation to everyone what is going on?

I don't like the guy based on his shitty attitude but this pretty much explains whats going on.

And yet there are still people recommending this guy. ******* ridiculous.

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Send for a tune from Frost. It has to be better than what you have...
So how's everyone's tune by frost? Is it better than what you had?

Old 04-09-2023, 09:46 PM
Teching In

I So you don't think this is an explanation to everyone what is going on?
I don't. His message is dated for the end of December and we're now into April without any correspondance. He has peoples money and their parts.
Old 04-10-2023, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,028 Likes on 2,358 Posts

So you don't think this is an explanation to everyone what is going on?
I don't like the guy based on his shitty attitude but this pretty much explains whats going on.
And yet there are still people recommending this guy. ******* ridiculous.
So how's everyone's tune by frost? Is it better than what you had?
Hey, he was good until he wasn't. Looks like his biggest fault is putting his family first.
People still recommend him because history said he was good. He and his family got a knockout health punch
But I guess that doesn't matter to you.
wannafbody (04-17-2023)
Old 04-10-2023, 05:37 AM
On The Tree

Hey, he was good until he wasn't. Looks like his biggest fault is putting his family first.
People still recommend him because history said he was good. He and his family got a knockout health punch
But I guess that doesn't matter to you.
So you're saying it's a good idea to send him money and computers knowing none will be seen again?
I'm not wishing illness on anyone but I'm also not recommending people lose their parts and money.
Do you honestly think this is a good idea?
Old 04-10-2023, 05:47 AM
On The Tree

I don't. His message is dated for the end of December and we're now into April without any correspondance. He has peoples money and their parts.
According to Gary Atsma stop being a dick.

Hows that make you feel, good? He was sick so no one is getting their parts or money back.

Looks like you think his long letter is BS. As I said replying to you in the other forum, he got hit hard by a health crisis.
And your replies make you look like a dick. Lighten up.
​​​​​​​
Old 04-10-2023, 12:06 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

I think the email message post was useful. I don't see why someone posting it would be a dick.

I've been in need of someone to clean up a tune that i cant figure out and came across this thread a while ago.

This attitude is all over the internet. People talking about cops getting involved. Talking about the adress being a gas station. Literally shitting all over Steve.

Now apparently people who have sent their stuff to him and haven't got it back have seen this email about him being sick and never said a word, they just keep hammering on about him being a theif.

I'm thankful that this dude posted the email. Not sure why he's a dick for doing so, he's the only one I've seen post information about what's going on with Steve right from Steve.

Coy (04-22-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Anyone actually get in contact with Frost recently? Another loyal customer who has used his services in the past with great success. He’s had my computer for a month and just want some sort of contact to ensure it’s in line to be tuned or refunded/sent back. I’m trying not to miss OCMD cruise week!
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 04-22-2023, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered a new reproduction ECM and mail order tune from him on Mar 25th. No response, no confirmation or anything. Tried calling the business number and it is no longer in service.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No word from Frost yet??
Old 05-28-2023, 08:34 PM

Is there any update on any of this? I used Steve a few years ago and had a quick turn around, I got my ecu back within 5 days of sending it out. I have my 2nd z06 now and sent out my ecu on Monday and it was delivered to him on Wednesday 5/24/23. I have no update from him whatsoever. I don't want to preemptively start a dispute with PayPal but after reading on these I feel like I should.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

I'd say 5 days is jumping the gun.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:58 AM

I wouldn't say I'm jumping the gun necessarily, considering he has my cars computer and my money, and has no communication with me about it whatsoever. Also considering what this thread is about and I'm asking for updates from anyone who's gone through this issue with Steve. Like I said I don't want to preemptively file a dispute but if no one has made progress on this matter I'd like to know so I can purchase a new pcm and drive my car.

Quick Reply: Tuned by Frost