General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tuned by Frost

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tuned by Frost

Is Steve on here or a way to contact him? I have sent several emails through his contact page on his website with no response.
The following 2 users liked this post by Raymondrobins:
carwrap (04-24-2023), OhTwo (06-24-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Raymondrobins
Is Steve on here or a way to contact him? I have sent several emails through his contact page on his website with no response.
I emailed him once months and months ago and never heard back. I’ve read on other forums posts where a guy complained about not getting an email and the replies from the peanut gallery were, “He’s busy, just fill out the form and send him your ecu.” Kinda bites.
The following users liked this post:
Raymondrobins (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 07:32 AM
Teching In

That is my concern. I sent him my PCM and paid for a mail in tune, including the return shipping. UPS confirmed the delivery of my PCM to his address 2 weeks ago. Just looking for a way to contact him besides email through his website. Any information or tagging will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 807 Likes on 615 Posts

Not sure what is going on. He's got a good reputation but there have been some complaints about slow service lately.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:29 AM
Teching In

Looks like EFI Performance LLC is a parent company for Frost. Called their local phone number just now, its not working.
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 151 Likes on 111 Posts

https://www.ls1gto.com/threads/tuned...t-info.848400/
Old 01-31-2023, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 166 Likes on 122 Posts

Looks like EFI Performance LLC is a parent company for Frost. Called their local phone number just now, its not working.
That's actually just his company. Him and his wife were the only ones working there a few years ago. He does stay pretty busy. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him 2 weeks to get to your job.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:24 PM
Teching In

That I can be understandable for. But for a customer who paid the bill in full and confirmed that my PCM arrived 2 weeks ago, Not one reply to my numerous emails and messages on social media is bull**it. A simple reply to his payed customers goes without saying.
Y2K_Frenzy (02-06-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

That I can be understandable for. But for a customer who paid the bill in full and confirmed that my PCM arrived 2 weeks ago, Not one reply to my numerous emails and messages on social media is bull**it. A simple reply to his payed customers goes without saying.
Work ethic is non existent today.

Advice I have is always contact a person or company before doing business with them.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:18 PM
Teching In

You are completely correct. Did my due diligence on his past reputation and positive followers. I took a chance and now I am paying the price. The main reason I am here is to find this guy and have him rectify this issue. This is my son's GTO that we are building together. The hot rod community needs to be better at setting an example of our passions to pass down for generations.
carwrap (04-24-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

I used him years ago and he was great. As of late though issues seem to have shown their head, not sure what they are., Though.

Last person I knew who sent him a PCM ended up getting police involved to get it back.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Both the local police department and the address where the PCM was delivered to were contacted today by myself, His personal cell phone number and address are known now. He has read my texts... but yet has responded. There are several people I have been in contact with that are in the same situation as myself.
teesee150 (02-26-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a mail order tune from him a looong time ago, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. He did a great job on the tune itself, except I asked him to delete the codes for no rear o2 sensor and he forgot. Had to send it back to him on my dime to have him delete the ability for those to pop up, which I thought was kinda BS since I put it on the form and he knew I was just doing LT headers and needed the code deleted.

At the time I was like whatever, small detail no big deal. I liked what he did with the line pressure and the trans tuning so 2 weeks ago I reached out to him for a mail order tune for the 224r cam I just installed. Didn't get a response, so I went with Michigan Motorsports' mail order tune. They'll send you a PCM and you can send yours back as a core if you want to; I'm just going to keep my old one because the core is only $75 and I feel like these will probably eventually get hard to find so it's not even worth the $75-shipping to send it. I like the tune from them, don't love it. The upshifts are SUPER soft to the point of you won't even really feel it upshift unless you stare at the tach which is great but would like it to be a little crisper. I'm not going to send it back because all in all that's probably better for my 100K mile 4L60E anyway.

100% do not send your PCM to someone if you can't reach them first. If dudes are too busy to respond to emails then I would bet the turnaround time for any work (if it even gets done) is going to be terrible. There are other games in town that will send you a PCM without you sending yours and they do a good job.
The following 2 users liked this post by 02firehawkT/A:
Raymondrobins (01-31-2023), Y2K_Frenzy (02-06-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 08:01 PM
Teching In

I will keep that in mind, Thank you.... This now has become my mission.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent my PCM in to Steve in September and got it back in a week. Then I sent mine in 2 months ago for a 90 Day re-tune and haven't heard ****, so good luck .. intended or not Steve is losing his great reputation here, which is a damn shame..Communication is everything, nothing is even posted on his website. There was a thread on here in Nov. "tunedbyfrost out of business?" and it no longer exists, which I wish I could have read too.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

I've used Frost 3-4 times in the last 2 years including spring around April or so, then again a couple months later if I recall (august?)... I had zero issues in any of those.

It's disappointing to see this happening. That other thread mentioned here, they all got their stuff but it took a couple weeks and the OP deleted their own post about it, likely because he/she felt stupid.

Communication has never been his strongest suit, but it appears he has gotten even worse over the past couple months. I did hear that he had a very bad bout with covid but that was months ago. I'm not sure what excuse there is now.. calling the cops at 2(ish) weeks seems a little excessive/aggressive but at the same time it's hard to keep defending him when he doesn't communicate to anyone... and this has become the norm..He's always been really great to me and done a fantastic job. Just make sure you come back to this thread and keep us updated.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid and e-mailed my file for him to modify in the beginning of December and have also heard nothing back, so he must not be getting any work completed for whatever reason. It would be nice if he could let everyone know whats going on.
Old 02-06-2023, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

Any updates yet? It was mentioned police were called..
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 170 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 02firehawkT/A
I got a mail order tune from him a looong time ago, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. He did a great job on the tune itself, except I asked him to delete the codes for no rear o2 sensor and he forgot. Had to send it back to him on my dime to have him delete the ability for those to pop up, which I thought was kinda BS since I put it on the form and he knew I was just doing LT headers and needed the code deleted.

At the time I was like whatever, small detail no big deal. I liked what he did with the line pressure and the trans tuning so 2 weeks ago I reached out to him for a mail order tune for the 224r cam I just installed. Didn't get a response, so I went with Michigan Motorsports' mail order tune. They'll send you a PCM and you can send yours back as a core if you want to; I'm just going to keep my old one because the core is only $75 and I feel like these will probably eventually get hard to find so it's not even worth the $75-shipping to send it. I like the tune from them, don't love it. The upshifts are SUPER soft to the point of you won't even really feel it upshift unless you stare at the tach which is great but would like it to be a little crisper. I'm not going to send it back because all in all that's probably better for my 100K mile 4L60E anyway.

100% do not send your PCM to someone if you can't reach them first. If dudes are too busy to respond to emails then I would bet the turnaround time for any work (if it even gets done) is going to be terrible. There are other games in town that will send you a PCM without you sending yours and they do a good job.
Thanks for sharing about Michigan Motorsports. Even though I never heard back from Frost I was still sorta kind of considering sending mine to him, even though I knew better. I’m glad I didn’t. Sorry to hear about your troubles OP.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 475 Likes on 381 Posts

I used PCM of NC to tune my '13 SS. Turnaround was literally less than a week, shipped from Michigan and back. Tune is spot on. Might be leaving a little on the table compared to a dyno tune, but for $275 I couldn't beat it.
The following 3 users liked this post by LS1Formulation:
Raymondrobins (02-07-2023), SlowTBSS (05-29-2023), Y2K_Frenzy (02-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Tuned by Frost