General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tuned by Frost

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Wait 5 months, come on have some sympathy the guy is robbing people left and right. Send him another on just in case.
Old 05-29-2023, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS299S10
Wait 5 months, come on have some sympathy the guy is robbing people left and right. Send him another on just in case.

Its not like I'm going to call the cops on the dude right away, I just want to know if I should get my money back now so I can purchase another PCM elsewhere. If I don't get my PCM back within a month or two then I absolutely will file a police report over it. I will continue to email him, but I have a feeling he'll eventually block me without giving a simple explanation as to whats going on. If he's busy with a newborn I'd understand and actually have some non sarcastic sympathy to an extent, but I'd also suggest he update his website or at the very least keep in communication with his paying customers.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I'm honestly not sure why folks would ship off their PCM to anybody without first contacting them, making sure that turnaround time is confirmed, etc. I would want to speak to a person (or at least exchange e-mails) before doing this.

I just had a Q-jet rebuild done by a shop many states away. I wouldn't have even thought about sending them a core until first speaking to someone there.
The following 3 users liked this post by RPM WS6:
1FastBrick (06-22-2023), wannafbody (05-29-2023), ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM

Thats a good point, however having done business with him in the past, and knowing his reputation for tuning LS powere vehicles, I really didn't think getting ripped off would be any sort of an issue.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hbsir7
Its not like I'm going to call the cops on the dude right away, I just want to know if I should get my money back now so I can purchase another PCM elsewhere. If I don't get my PCM back within a month or two then I absolutely will file a police report over it. I will continue to email him, but I have a feeling he'll eventually block me without giving a simple explanation as to whats going on. If he's busy with a newborn I'd understand and actually have some non sarcastic sympathy to an extent, but I'd also suggest he update his website or at the very least keep in communication with his paying customers.
I was being sarcastic.

I would start the process now. Why wait?
Why have sympathy for anything really. What he had a baby now? I thought it was covid. Maybe both.

There is NO EXCUSE to keep taking people's money and parts, thats robbery. What if he came to your house and took it and said oh I had a baby and covid would that make a difference?

I'm the kind of person that if I was sick I'd tell someone or do anything to put a message out for people to not send money or parts.

And yes I have no idea why someone would just send stuff with no contact to someone.

This covid bullshit is out of control, people using it as an excuse for everything.

At this point the guy is a theif.
The following users liked this post:
SlowTBSS (05-29-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 08:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 843 Likes on 645 Posts

My point is that with the way shipping is, at 5 days he probably just got the PCM. Send an email and ask for confirmation that he received it. Give him a couple days to respond. IF he doesn't respond, call the local police and ask for help.
Old 05-30-2023, 06:28 PM
Teching In

He's had my PCM since December. **** Steve
Old 06-22-2023, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Any updates? Am putting a cam in my car and was going to use him to tune my pcm, had seen his reviews like a year ago when they were great, now when I need it I see this.
Old 06-23-2023, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 561 Likes on 445 Posts

There are literally TONS of places that do mail order tunes, I would not be holding out hope that this dude is going to suddenly come around and start tuning again. No offense, but there's no way his work is so phenomenal that he's the only place to go.
Carguy8888 (09-26-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates from anyone? I have used Frost for three different cars over the past 5 years. I did not hesitate to use him again for the fourth time; however, I am sitting with no ECM, their phone is disconnected, & zero replies to emails. Granted, it hasn't been that long; however, already longer than the 3 other cars. I UPS overnight-ed the package to him, & the package was received by "Pair." I figured he might just be super busy, until I stumbled across this thread... I need this car moving in the next week or so, and I am debating on ordering another ECM if no one here had resolution (basically, I want to verify I am not waiting on something that will never show up again).
ZBrink (08-10-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnELeos
Any updates from anyone? I have used Frost for three different cars over the past 5 years. I did not hesitate to use him again for the fourth time; however, I am sitting with no ECM, their phone is disconnected, & zero replies to emails. Granted, it hasn't been that long; however, already longer than the 3 other cars. I UPS overnight-ed the package to him, & the package was received by "Pair." I figured he might just be super busy, until I stumbled across this thread... I need this car moving in the next week or so, and I am debating on ordering another ECM if no one here had resolution (basically, I want to verify I am not waiting on something that will never show up again).
I gave up trying to get a hold of him. I'm only a couple hours away from him and wanted him to tune my new build but after emails, phone calls and PM's failed I went to another local shop that specializes in LS platforms. Bad Company Inc near Williamsburg, VA did a great job for me and many others but I don't know if they do mail order, i dropped mine off for a dyno tune.
ZBrink (07-31-2023)
Old 08-05-2023, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Shoot, I wished I would a seen this thread before I just sent mine off. I used him yeeeears ago I he did good job now after reading this I kinda wish I didn't. Also sent him a email with no response. Time will tell I guess. Anyone try to contact him through the phone number on paypal?
Stephen Nix (08-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Aganger58
Shoot, I wished I would a seen this thread before I just sent mine off. I used him yeeeears ago I he did good job now after reading this I kinda wish I didn't. Also sent him a email with no response. Time will tell I guess. Anyone try to contact him through the phone number on paypal?
I literally sent mine out last week since I’ve used him before about 2 years ago now I’m concerned. I just a HCI swap on my FBody wanted to get a tune so I can work on other things to eventually get it ready for a dyno. Lmk if you get contacted this coming week.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,356 Posts

I can understand being backed up but there's really no excuse for not staying in contact with customers. Even if it means taking a week to get back to someone you should always respond. We have a rule here at my firm. "If we don't take care of the customer somebody else will." In my line of work we provide a service with a product and there's plenty of competition out there to get the work. Now our customers don't send us their products to provide a service like in these cases which is why it's even more important to have good communication with your clients. Now if you're someone who's sending your product to a tuner without first having communication that's risky business.
The following 2 users liked this post by 01CamaroSSTx:
99 Black Bird T/A (08-06-2023), wannafbody (08-06-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 02:01 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Now if you're someone who's sending your product to a tuner without first having communication that's risky business.

It continues to shock me that folks just mail off their PCM (to anyone, not just Frost) without first having some e-mail or phone communication with the business. I honestly couldn't imagine doing that.
The following 3 users liked this post by RPM WS6:
99 Black Bird T/A (08-06-2023), madmike9396 (08-07-2023), ZBrink (08-10-2023)
Old 08-06-2023, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 153 Likes on 113 Posts

JFTDC, people need to stop sending their stuff to him. This story of failure has been going on since the beginning of the year (and probably even before that).
Old 08-06-2023, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 319 Likes on 234 Posts

I don't know if this helps but today I had my 80 Camaro LS3/4L60E combo "drive" only tuned today. I don't care about chassis dyno hp numbers. Just great driving down the road. The tuner guy I used I've used 3 times before. My projects are fairly mild. He does this as a side hustle. He is located south of the MPLS area. I don't think he does mail order tunes as far as I know.
If you are interested PM me you phone and I will pass on your number to him.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Does anyone have a good phone number for him? I've sent several emails and cannot get a response.

Originally Posted by Stephen Nix
I literally sent mine out last week since I’ve used him before about 2 years ago now I’m concerned. I just a HCI swap on my FBody wanted to get a tune so I can work on other things to eventually get it ready for a dyno. Lmk if you get contacted this coming week.
Do you have a good phone number for him?

Originally Posted by JohnELeos
Were you able to get a hold of Steve? Do you have a phone number for him?
Old 08-12-2023, 10:40 AM
Teching In

After reading this thread and other threads from other forums, I immediately started tracking my package. I looked up address on Google maps and saw it was a small engine repair place (Pair's) they are sent too, not even Steve's place anymore. I was able to pull the number from Google maps and call that number to Pair's small engine and had the owner return to sender my pcm. Also talked to another down the road at a machine shop and he has had multiple ppl call him too about it all and he has even had trouble getting ahold of Steve who lives not far from him. But all in all I was able to have my pcm shipped backed to me but might be out the money I already paid to Steve but a claim is in with paypal.
Old 08-12-2023, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Aganger58
After reading this thread and other threads from other forums, I immediately started tracking my package. I looked up address on Google maps and saw it was a small engine repair place (Pair's) they are sent too, not even Steve's place anymore. I was able to pull the number from Google maps and call that number to Pair's small engine and had the owner return to sender my pcm. Also talked to another down the road at a machine shop and he has had multiple ppl call him too about it all and he has even had trouble getting ahold of Steve who lives not far from him. But all in all I was able to have my pcm shipped backed to me but might be out the money I already paid to Steve but a claim is in with paypal.
I too tried calling Pairs this week and left a VM but didn't get a call back. Were you able to get a phone number for Steve? Home address?

Quick Reply: Tuned by Frost