General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

back flush my ACs evape core confussed on AC oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

That shraeder does not unscrew like the video you show.
I've never replaced one, never had one leak.
Old 05-05-2023, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Heres a video I made just for you. Hope you like it. At least watch the beginning and the end.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LS299S10
Heres a video I made just for you. Hope you like it. At least watch the beginning and the end.

https://youtu.be/qTDXW8-DBBE
thanks brother for video. I can make that tool. so doe's it sound like I boogered up this ball valve? I vacuumed a few more hours gauges only went to like -24 however after about 3 hours shes still holding at -24.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badmfkr
thanks brother for video. I can make that tool. so doe's it sound like I boogered up this ball valve? I vacuumed a few more hours gauges only went to like -24 however after about 3 hours shes still holding at -24.
Doesn't matter, that valve can be removed and it will not effect the vacuum, as long as the gauges are connected obviously.
Old 05-06-2023, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

not sure what happened yesterday when gauges won't go below -24. todays vacuum for 1 hour managed to peg the gauge down to -30.

could it be possiable I didn't snug the colored tubes fittings tight enough an thats why it wouldn't go lower than -24? today I used the vertical fitting of pump w/ my adaptor.

will check later to see if it holds the -30
think I'll call it ready to charge.
my plan is to jump the hi pressure sensor w/ paperclip

to ingauge clutch to suck in the 1st can of freon. replug in the sensor then add the 2nd can an hope she holds.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Like I said before, inches of mercury is not a very good indicator of vacuum. Maybe I'm biased, I use Microns.
I wouldn't jump the pressure switch, but do as you will I guess.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS299S10
Like I said before, inches of mercury is not a very good indicator of vacuum. Maybe I'm biased, I use Microns.
I wouldn't jump the pressure switch, but do as you will I guess.
OK new plan will do quickie vacuum again Sunday, then connect 1st freon can let it suck in then equalize then start engine w/ AC on ,max hopefully the compressor clutch will ingauge an will suck in the remained of 1st can.

close low pressure valve at gauge (high pressure won't be open during this process). then attach the 2nd freon can purge yellow tube rotate can from horizontal (east west) to south let sys suck in all of can.

I don't have a thremonitior guess I'll just feel the coldness inside car.
undecided on attaching 3rd can just for a few OZ.s my small cans are 12OZ sys takes 24OZs
figure I can fine tune a couple OZs later.

I'd like my 1st can of freon to be the ezchill w/ leak stopper hope its safe to remove the dispenser an connect to yellow tube or should I just use regular freon?
Old 05-06-2023, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badmfkr
close low pressure valve at gauge (high pressure won't be open during this process). then attach the 2nd freon can purge yellow tube rotate can from horizontal (east west) to south let sys suck in all of can.
Charge it with the can upside down.

Straight liquid into the accumulator. I don't give a damn what anyone else says.

You COULD add it all with a heat gun without even starting the vehicle if you wanted. But thats dangerous because the internet said so.
Old 05-08-2023, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hope I didn’t mess it up to bad.

She sucked in 1st can of Freon I was expecting the sys to equalize halfway though 1st can then crank up engine w/ AC on max which would ingauge the compressors clutch to suck in remained of 1st can clutch never ingauged.

Same w/ 2nd can clutch never ingauged halfway though 2nd can I checked the electrical connection at compressor it was plugged in then checked the high pressure sensor (remember I was planning on jumping the sensor) well it was unplugged I didn’t see it unplugged it was hiding under the cruise control cables dam.

Plugged in sensor restarted engine AC on max clutch ingauged an sucked in remained of 2nd can.

Not sure where the second half of 1st can went same w/ first half of 2nd can?during this time blue gauge stayed around 3 o-oclock.

After clutch ingauged an sucked in second half of 2nd can blue gauge moved as I expected over to 10 o-oclock.34PSI Air is cold inside car.

Ambient temp was 82* 69% humidity.

according to my recharge instruction sheet for minium and maxium charge at a given temp. I'm a few LBs low on low side
82* falls inbetween there chart.
I believe high side is acceptable bc it's above 175 and below the 200.

not sure if I dare open a 3rd can? but I do have the ez chill can w/ it's builtin dispenser. still unsure if I can remove the dispenser and connect to the yellow charge tube?

Edit: this took about a half hour. Majority of this time the red valve was closed I opened it briefly was thinking maybe it was blocking the refill red needle moved a tad then I closed it prevent a back feed into can.

So where did the 2nd half of 1st can and first half of 2nd can go?

I have been taking notes so I won’t mess up the next AC.

Thanks @LS299S10 an cheeseman for advising

Last edited by badmfkr; 05-08-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:10 PM
Launching!

This is why you weigh it in. Or make sure complete cans go in until you reach full charge. Correct weight in, is correct.

Lose track of weight, going by pressure is a guessing game. Especially with a variable displacement compressor.

If your low side pressure is 34, the theoretical evaporator temperature is 39 degrees. Should be good.
Attached Thumbnails back flush my ACs evape core confussed on AC oil-134a-pt-chart.jpg  
Old 05-08-2023, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

not sure how to interrupt your chart. yes I believe both cans where emptied. thanks
Old 05-31-2023, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

plan to add freon either today or Thursday. it's 84*ambient so I want my guage to be much higher than current 34psi
my chart says for 84* 40-50 on low side an 175-210 on high side

look closely at my chinese chart they screwed it up! I believe this chart increments like 4* w/
all the presures progressly go up except 78.2* an 84.2*
I believe 78.2* is switched to 84.2*

still don't understand your chart for 85* 95psi? I want it to be colder where I have to not only turn blower off but have to turn blueness down also.
thanks for freon advice

corrected American chart
decided to go w/ just under 45 on low side 225-250 high side * never exced 250 hs.
pls suggest optimal presure for 84*

Last edited by badmfkr; 05-31-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2023, 11:58 AM
Launching!

I posted a temperature pressure chart. That's the temperature that the refrigerant should be at a given pressure.
It's very close to charge with this chart.

If you go with 40 to 50 psi that comes out to approx 45 to 55 degrees you don't want that.

I'd shoot for 35 psi. And again the variable displacement compressor comes into play here. The pressure control valve will keep the pressure in range until you over or undercharge it.

Quick Reply: back flush my ACs evape core confussed on AC oil