General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Debaffle ram air

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Debaffle ram air

Hey yall so I know this has been talked about a lot but I have a question about baffling my ws6 hood. So today I installed my new Slp intake with the stainless tube that goes down under the air filter with the “free ram air” cut out. Wondering if I should also debaffle the hood in this instance or if the baffles actually push the air down under into that tube? Or if I do debaffle it if I’ll get a crap ton of water in there when it rains? And if y’all do think it’s a good idea to debaffle it how exactly to go about doing it. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2023, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I had one of those SLP Ram Air things in a previous Bird. It goes underneath the air filter box and collects air from in front of the radiator and pushes it up through the air box/filter? Right, is this what we are talking about? Worked just fine, but I see nothing to be gained by also de-baffling the Ram Air nostrils in the hood.

What is to be gained? The air will not go into your air box enough to matter at all, and as you alread have realized, it will just induce rain.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 94 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6Guy!
Hey yall so I know this has been talked about a lot but I have a question about baffling my ws6 hood. So today I installed my new Slp intake with the stainless tube that goes down under the air filter with the “free ram air” cut out. Wondering if I should also debaffle the hood in this instance or if the baffles actually push the air down under into that tube? Or if I do debaffle it if I’ll get a crap ton of water in there when it rains? And if y’all do think it’s a good idea to debaffle it how exactly to go about doing it. Thanks!
yes debaffle it. drill out the rivets on the backside and then take out the "plates". you will also need 1.5" foam or weatherstrip. put that where the holes are. the foam is needed to "seal" the backside of the hood to the air box.
Old 12-17-2023, 07:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 847 Likes on 648 Posts

I removed the rear baffle plate years ago. I've never had an issue because there are smaller baffles in the front that block the rain.

Quick Reply: Debaffle ram air