General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS Lifter Tick Solution Testers

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Lifter Tick Solution Testers

Hey guys, just wanted to post on the forum and see who is interested in helping test a solution for LS lifter tick.
My company, whom I will not name has tasked me with formulating an oil additive to help free stuck Lifters.
The main cause seems likely to be varnish buildup in the lifter due to the DOD system disabling cylinders, causing oil to cook in the lifters and eventually seizing them. even in engines without DOD, it still seems varnish buildup is common. I'm looking for testers to try this stuff I made and give feedback, no cost, and no advertising. I just need real world data to prove this stuff works. If anyone is interested, please private message me.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 231 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by HSSLogan
Hey guys, just wanted to post on the forum and see who is interested in helping test a solution for LS lifter tick.
My company, whom I will not name has tasked me with formulating an oil additive to help free stuck Lifters.
The main cause seems likely to be varnish buildup in the lifter due to the DOD system disabling cylinders, causing oil to cook in the lifters and eventually seizing them. even in engines without DOD, it still seems varnish buildup is common. I'm looking for testers to try this stuff I made and give feedback, no cost, and no advertising. I just need real world data to prove this stuff works. If anyone is interested, please private message me.
Quid Pro Quo. It seems like the tester is shouldering all of the risk.
“Would anyone mind pouring acetone in their engine just to see what happens?” You gotta do better than that homie.

Quick Reply: LS Lifter Tick Solution Testers