General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

should i get rid of car for a cobra??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006 | 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000HTSS
ok i'll agree with most of the others on here . . . DON'T GET A COBRA!!! but i woiuldn't get one at all cause i know acouple people with em and they're engines have blown with the stock blowers so the 4.6 isn't all it's cracked up to be. one guy in particular, his engine blew . . . . 4 TIMES!!!! with everything being stock!!!!! so just mod your car more or trade it in for a Z06
His cobra was a lemon. several 03/04 cobras are sporting 6-750rwhp stock internals. but thats not the point here. The 01's are nice cars too, it would be a hard choice. the ram-air is no more rare than a 01 cobra. its your choice. both are great cars. the ram-air will most likely win in a drag race. but they are close in terms of power.
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

ok i'll agree with most of the others on here . . . DON'T GET A COBRA!!! but i woiuldn't get one at all cause i know acouple people with em and they're engines have blown with the stock blowers so the 4.6 isn't all it's cracked up to be. one guy in particular, his engine blew . . . . 4 TIMES!!!! with everything being stock!!!!! so just mod your car more or trade it in for a Z06
yeah because everyone with a cobra blows the motor right? how long do the majority of stock LS1s last under boost?

it all comes down to what YOU want to do....if you like the way a cobra looks and want a car that is easy to mod, get a cobra. If you like the LS1, keep it.
Old 05-16-2006 | 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
dude dont do it, unless its supercharged(03) i wouldnt do it, your car is beautiful(rare too) and you would be a fool to do something like that. What I can tell is that your becoming bored with your ride and want something new. The only solution...Heads, cam, and juice. That will bring the thrill back to your ride and people will envy you!
Since when are 02 WS6s rare?
Old 05-16-2006 | 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thislswon
keep the t/a...and i think cobras are overplayed...i see lots of ls1 camaros too...but ws6's are a lil more rare...i see a damn 03/04 cobra everyday...and just lookt at your hood on your ws6...its ****** sick man...stick with it add a camn and a power adder and be done with it!!!!!if your tired of the looks switch up the wheels...and there are other small things you can do to them!!! stick with the cobra killer!!!
I don't know if you thought about it, but if you see it everyday, it is probably THE SAME ONE everyday, and the owner lives near you.

Seriously, the WS6 and SS were never rare. There are at least 3 WS6's in my work parking lot, and I know of 2 SS's. I honestly see more WS6 Trans Ams than I do regular Trans Ams around here. I've seen a handful of Cobras in the area, but it's the same 3 or 4 in the same general areas.
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lets face it, if you want the ladies a convertible cobra mustang is about the biggest panty dropper ever! haha, but its slow. Your call.....
Old 05-16-2006 | 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trasnlation= He doesn't know anyone with a cobra and the one he did race beat him.

This guy is ignorance at its finest.
Old 05-17-2006 | 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
Trasnlation= He doesn't know anyone with a cobra and the one he did race beat him.

This guy is ignorance at its finest.
oh yeah this must be true . . . NOT! acouple of my buddies have cobra's like i said and the one who's stock engine blew 4 times, he's finally gettin rid of it and gettin a T/A and then moddin the **** outta it. if you have anything relevant to the topic post again. and i never said i beat or raced a cobra cause a supercharged one yes i will lose too, so where's the fun to see my car lose in a race???? but a NA i will keep up with, but like i said i'm not sure i've never raced either

so why'd you post if all your gonna do is talk down to another person on here?
Old 05-17-2006 | 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh yeah this must be true . . . NOT! acouple of my buddies have cobra's like i said and the one who's stock engine blew 4 times, he's finally gettin rid of it and gettin a T/A and then moddin the **** outta it. if you have anything relevant to the topic post again. and i never said i beat or raced a cobra cause a supercharged one yes i will lose too, so where's the fun to see my car lose in a race???? but a NA i will keep up with, but like i said i'm not sure i've never raced either

so why'd you post if all your gonna do is talk down to another person on here?
Why do you even post if all your gonna do is make up stuff about a car you know nothing about.

I doubt that if someone has blown their engine 4 times that they would keep buying the same engine and doing the same thing. You would figure something out by say the third engine right?
Old 05-17-2006 | 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=2000HTSS]oh yeah this must be true . . . NOT! acouple of my buddies have cobra's like i said and the one who's stock engine blew 4 times, he's finally gettin rid of it and gettin a T/A and then moddin the **** outta it. QUOTE]

I don't think a single person believes you. I'm also not surprised that you would say "he's getting rid of that POS supercharged Cobra and getting the AMAZING LS1!!!1 which is like, 1951235 times better!"
Old 05-17-2006 | 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
I don't think a single person believes you. I'm also not surprised that you would say "he's getting rid of that POS supercharged Cobra and getting the AMAZING LS1!!!1 which is like, 1951235 times better!"
Those who exaggerate lie. Such as 2000HTSS obviously does.
Old 05-17-2006 | 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Wow are some people really that ignorant to think that an 03+ cobra is a POS just because it is not GM ? Please find me one ls1 that could come near a stock cobra..... oh wait they dont exist. Those cobras are bad *** cars, plus mod for mod they probably make more power as well. I love my car, but would trade for a sc cobra anyday. Plus how do you figure the motor sucks since it comes forged from the factory? Some people just need to pull their heads out of GM's *** and give respect where respect is due
Old 05-17-2006 | 12:44 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by okls1
Wow are some people really that ignorant to think that an 03+ cobra is a POS just because it is not GM ? Please find me one ls1 that could come near a stock cobra..... oh wait they dont exist. Those cobras are bad *** cars, plus mod for mod they probably make more power as well. I love my car, but would trade for a sc cobra anyday. Plus how do you figure the motor sucks since it comes forged from the factory? Some people just need to pull their heads out of GM's *** and give respect where respect is due
I think too many people are confusing the 99'/01 Cobras with the 03'/04' Cobras that are almost an entirely different beast....

Its just ignorance..You see it on the GM boards and you see it on the Ford boards...No way around it.
Old 05-17-2006 | 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sell THe Pos Trans Am Cobra 's are Gods Gift to Fords
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:01 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cws T/A
Sell THe Pos Trans Am Cobra 's are Gods Gift to Fords

Hey man,where in S.Texas are you?Laredo here....
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cws T/A
take the blower off and the 03 is a o1
lol not even close.... 03/04 block is way different..
Old 05-17-2006 | 05:28 PM
Launching!

But like they said.. if its a 99/01 cobra.. HELL NO! but 03/04 HELL YES!
Old 05-17-2006 | 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

a nice 1996-1998 cobra 4.6 4v hey there not as fast as the 2003 rocket ship stock but ive seen them around $ 8 grand in good condition . kennebell or HP st3 TT , forged shortblock , viper spec t56 .... same for the 01 cobra . hell 5.0s were runnin 9 .0s ten years ago . eaton blower sucks for 28,000 dollars what 03 go for in nice condition ford /gm.. v8
Old 05-17-2006 | 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MJK

Hey man,where in S.Texas are you?Laredo here....

Port Arthur , 100 miles east of Houston
Old 05-17-2006 | 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=mikerulzu]I don't know if you thought about it, but if you see it everyday, it is probably THE SAME ONE everyday, and the owner lives near you.QUOTE]

actualy im sure they arent the same ones....i have raced 3 cobras...sonic blue/competition orange and a black cobra...there are 2 silver ones and a red fire at my school....one by the hottest chick in the school and one by a juniors...i have seen a white 03/04 and a couple red fires and i have seen 2 of the anniversary drop tops one the other color of red and a black one...i could tell they were the anniversary ones because of the wheels...i have seen all of these in the 4 months that i have owned my z..,,thats 11 terminators in 4 months...and im sure ive seen more..thats all i can remember....now i have seen 2 ws6's one yellow anniversary and a SOM ws6....i dont know about other places but i know the ws6 is a collectors car and alot of ppl garage them and dont race them....not saying the 03/04 cobra isnt a collector...but most ppl who have them mod them and race them....lots of ws6 sit in garages and collect dust and keep the miles low...thats just in my are...when i lived in texas i did see alot of ws6/formulas.....but to me in the short life of the 03/04 cobra they are so damn played out...
Old 05-17-2006 | 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and i dont know about the other ppl but i know the diff between the terminators and the other of that body style...the wing/hood/bumper/ and not to mention the power difference...and im not hating on terminators...they are a beast...there is no question about that....and to the guy that said that a stock ls1 doesnt compare to a stock terminator needs his head examined....stock on street tires my car ran 8.39@88mph and i have seen many cobras run slower/the same/faster than that....granted most stock 03/04's are gonna get a stock f body....but they sure as hell come close and in some cases beat them!!!