General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

should i get rid of car for a cobra??

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin00SS
I doubt that if someone has blown their engine 4 times that they would keep buying the same engine and doing the same thing. You would figure something out by say the third engine right?
so when did i say HE paid for the engine? stop assuming things. the warranty company replaced the engine everytime, what do you think the warranty company is gonna send him a different car just cause they've replaced the engine????? and you might wanna read the posts again cause i'm not the one who said it's a POS supercharged cobra, mikerulzu did. i never said they're pieces of ****, all i was sayin is you can build up an LS1 to beat a 03 cobra . . . it'll cost you ALOT more but if he wants to spend his money that way it'd be his choice

just readin the first couple threads and noticed alot of people are along the lines of me but i have evidence that they aren't all that you think they're cracked up to be and so it's my *** your jumping on???? ok how bout this, since justin doesn't think a fully built LS1 can take a 03 cobra . . . hey sic WS6 get a better job sell your TA and buy either a lambo or ferrari, **** better yet i know a guy who's droppin in a frankenstein VTEC engine in his civic hatchback with a little over 1,000 horsepower, that option right there would be cheaper than anything else and anyone rollin up in a cobra would surely have there supercharged *** handed too them everytime. oh and since i know there's going to be at least one person sayin "oh he's making that up he's lying he doesn't know what he's talkin about" PM me and i will send you everything they've done to the engine and if you still don't believe me than come to california and let's race, how bout that? mikerulzu your just north of me so if you want to vouch for this you can try and line up with the hatch from hell. don't be ignorant to think a 03 cobra is soo awesome, you have other options now have a nice day and remember to play well with others
Old 05-18-2006, 02:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000HTSS
so when did i say HE paid for the engine? stop assuming things. the warranty company replaced the engine everytime, what do you think the warranty company is gonna send him a different car just cause they've replaced the engine????? and you might wanna read the posts again cause i'm not the one who said it's a POS supercharged cobra, mikerulzu did. i never said they're pieces of ****, all i was sayin is you can build up an LS1 to beat a 03 cobra . . . it'll cost you ALOT more but if he wants to spend his money that way it'd be his choice

just readin the first couple threads and noticed alot of people are along the lines of me but i have evidence that they aren't all that you think they're cracked up to be and so it's my *** your jumping on???? ok how bout this, since justin doesn't think a fully built LS1 can take a 03 cobra . . . hey sic WS6 get a better job sell your TA and buy either a lambo or ferrari, **** better yet i know a guy who's droppin in a frankenstein VTEC engine in his civic hatchback with a little over 1,000 horsepower, that option right there would be cheaper than anything else and anyone rollin up in a cobra would surely have there supercharged *** handed too them everytime. oh and since i know there's going to be at least one person sayin "oh he's making that up he's lying he doesn't know what he's talkin about" PM me and i will send you everything they've done to the engine and if you still don't believe me than come to california and let's race, how bout that? mikerulzu your just north of me so if you want to vouch for this you can try and line up with the hatch from hell. don't be ignorant to think a 03 cobra is soo awesome, you have other options now have a nice day and remember to play well with others
Sarcasm, idiotboy, it's called sarcasm. You can build up any car to be fast with money. The Cobras come faster, and are cheaper to make faster.

And from this, you mean he was blew 4 engines and the warranty company paid each time? Warranty companies don't just give out engines like that. Blowing more than one engine throws up red flags all over the place. User error or abuse is suspect.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
Sarcasm, idiotboy, it's called sarcasm. You can build up any car to be fast with money. The Cobras come faster, and are cheaper to make faster.

And from this, you mean he was blew 4 engines and the warranty company paid each time? Warranty companies don't just give out engines like that. Blowing more than one engine throws up red flags all over the place. User error or abuse is suspect.
Who does he think he's kidding. I had to go round and round with ford just to get my trunked fixed.

They aren't going to replace a $7k engine 4 times. Thats more then the cost of the car itself.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of things here...first of all.

1.This is the original thread starter's mod list..
"2002 WS-6, Torque Thrust II's, Nitto 555, Eibach Springs, Autometer Gauges, Tail Light Covers, ZO6 Style Emblem, Under Hood Mirrors, Racing Stripes, CETA Rear Bumper, Clear Corners, Custom Embroidered Floor Mats & Head Rests, MBA Billet Parts, Custom stainless airdam, MTI Clear Lid, SLP Exhaust,Chrome Holley, 3:73 Gears, Hotchikis Stb... And a Whole Lot Of Zaino.."

Doesn't seem that he is very hardcore into the whole "Johnny Street Racer" routine here.Looks like "Power" beyond mild bolt-ons is not much concern to him.(Just a guess...).So to keep arguing about how a Cobra is slower or faster than an LS1 over and over seems kinda pointless...it really argues a point that doesn't seem to have been asked.

2.The thread starter hasn't even posted any more in this topic
I wonder if he made a choice or is staying where he is at...Hmmmmm.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mikerulzu

actually, if the warranty company has the engine inspected and finds the the engine is faulty by design or mechanical issues each time they have no choice but to replace it. so you think it's that hard to get a faulty engine huh?

Who does he think he's kidding. I had to go round and round with ford just to get my trunked fixed.

They aren't going to replace a $7k engine 4 times. Thats more then the cost of the car itself.
like i said a warranty company will replace something if it is faulty and as long as a mechanic says it's faulty when it goes out, they have no choice. never seen a clause in a warranty the says "will only replace once, then we'll take back the car and give you your money back so you can get a new one" oh by the was it's spelled TRUNK not TRUNKED this leads me to believe your just a 12 year old and don't actually own a camaro, or your just a retard who needs mavis beacon ok MJK made a good point, sic WS6 hasn't even posted since page 1, so either he's made his decision or he's just laughin at 2 people talkin **** to 1 person so on that note i'm done with this post, if either of you have anything else to talk **** to me about, PM me and i'll gladly respond
Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

actually, if the warranty company has the engine inspected and finds the the engine is faulty by design or mechanical issues each time they have no choice but to replace it. so you think it's that hard to get a faulty engine huh?

like i said a warranty company will replace something if it is faulty and as long as a mechanic says it's faulty when it goes out, they have no choice. never seen a clause in a warranty the says "will only replace once, then we'll take back the car and give you your money back so you can get a new one" oh by the was it's spelled TRUNK not TRUNKED this leads me to believe your just a 12 year old and don't actually own a camaro, or your just a retard who needs mavis beacon ok MJK made a good point, sic WS6 hasn't even posted since page 1, so either he's made his decision or he's just laughin at 2 people talkin **** to 1 person so on that note i'm done with this post, if either of you have anything else to talk **** to me about, PM me and i'll gladly respond

So wait wait wait. I mispell one word and you call me retarded? Yet you make up complete stories and thats seems to be ok?

There is no way he got 4 engines from Ford and no way he got 4 faulty engines. Believe it or not Ford is a decent car company. Most car companies are by the way.

Sorry. This leads me to believe that you exagerate and know nothing of what you are speaking.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

No, I don't think it's that hard to get ONE faulty engine. FOUR faulty engines in a row, however, is something I've never even heard of. An engine faulty by design would mean that every engine made based on the same design would be faulty. Also, many "mechanical issues" are caused by abuse. "like i said a warranty company will replace something if it is faulty and as long as a mechanic says it's faulty when it goes out, they have no choice." Your view of how a warranty company works is surprisingly naive. If every warranty company worked like that, they'd all go out of business immediately due to fraud.

Oh, and trying to correct someone's spelling then going on to use "your" instead of "you're" multiple times leads me to believe you think YOU'RE much smarter than you actually are. Also, two spaces is not a replacement for a period. Don't try to be a spelling **** if you don't practice what you preach.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Considering what 03-04 Cobras are selling for I think that whole "cheaper to mod" thing is moot. Heads, cam, and Long tubes on an F Bod and you got alot more $$$ in your pocket. I like the Cobras too but all the F bod guys I know still trouince em at the track.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, I'd rather have a SN95 5.0 than a newer Cobra. I'm not a big fan of the newer Stang's looks and I just love the ol' pushrod 5.0...
Old 05-18-2006, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Honestly, I'd rather have a SN95 5.0 than a newer Cobra. I'm not a big fan of the newer Stang's looks and I just love the ol' pushrod 5.0...
Me too actually. Nuttin sounds better than a cammed 5.0!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default the 01-02 cobra are WEAK

if you like performance you will be dissapointed. their is a a 02 cobra here with the saleen wing ect. and all he could muster in the 1/8 was a 9.6@78 mph

those things are dogs nothing compared to the 03-04's. and their quality is crap also. their is a reaosn you dont see to many 01-02 cobras.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I'll 3rd that....Its a classic sound indeed.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
if you like performance you will be dissapointed. their is a a 02 cobra here with the saleen wing ect. and all he could muster in the 1/8 was a 9.6@78 mph

those things are dogs nothing compared to the 03-04's. and their quality is crap also. their is a reaosn you dont see to many 01-02 cobras.

Yeah there is a reson,............ they didnt make them in 02! there not a slow car. im not taking sides i like all fast cars ford and chevy alike. ive had mustangs and a ls1. but an 01 cobra is no dog.

Last edited by novi2000; 05-18-2006 at 07:47 PM. Reason: change
Old 05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Even the mild cam I had in my 1989 GT sounded awesome. I would wind that car before every shift just for the sound, even though it wasn't all that fast...
Sorry to get off the subject. I guess nostalgia kicked in...
Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER

Ford didn't make the Cobra in '02, so that Cobra you saw run at the track must have been a mirage. The only "new age" body style Cobras are '99 and '01 other than the S/C '03 and '04. They didn't make them in '00 because they made the Cobra-R that year and they didn't make them in '02 because they were preparing for the '03 version. And '99 and '01 Cobras are not dogs. If anything, stock for stock, it is a driver's race between one and an A4 LS1 f-body.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I hate to spill the beans but he got one. He got a 2003 Black Cobra. He pm'ed me. I think its all stock with low miles. Sorry man, had to spill em.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I hate to spill the beans but he got one. He got a 2003 Black Cobra. He pm'ed me. I think its all stock with low miles. Sorry man, had to spill em.
Tell him to go beat the **** out of it. Ford will replace the motor no matter what because its a faulty design.

Good deal anyway though.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:54 AM

Tell him to go beat the **** out of it. Ford will replace the motor no matter what because its a faulty design.

Good deal anyway though.

It amazing how actually checking and changing your oil can help save your engine.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:08 AM

Here is a 2003 Nissan ALtima w/ 103k miles and the oil was changed T W I C E. Only 2 oil changes....Look at it. We just rebuilt the engine here at the shop.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...S/DCFC0038.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...S/DCFC0041.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...S/DCFC0044.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...S/DCFC0045.jpg

And when we were done.....

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...S/DCFC0052.jpg
Old 05-19-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

These arguments are kinda stupid. When it comes down to it, both cars can be made fast for about the same amount of money--give or take 3-4k. If 3-4k of mod money is a lot for someone, cars probably aren't the best hobby for them.

For example, an ls1 fbody can go deep 11's with heads, cam, and bolt-ons -- a Cobra can do it with bolt-ons and a ported blower. You aren't really saving a ton money by going either route. Yes, LS1s are 10k+ cheaper, but I'm talking mod money only. Keep in mind, most owners won't go beyond bolt-ons and 99.9% will not desire to have a street car faster than mid-high 10's. This is why I say make the decision between the two based on personal preference, i.e., looks, bias, sound etc.

I guess the OP made his choice, so I hope he enjoys it.