General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Do you Regret Getting/Not Getting T-tops??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 162 Likes on 114 Posts

My firebird has a hardtop and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Cruising on a sunny day the last thing I need is more sun in my ******* eyes. You already have glares from other peoples windshields/rear windows, or these damn 18 wheelers with chrome plating flapping around in the wind and ****. Harley Davidson motorcycles with more chrome plating than they have paint. I HATE getting mutliple glares. I already wear glasses so ******* thick that they themselves, give me a ******* glare.

But when I get in my camaro for a short cruise around the bay or down at the beach. I love taking my tops out going for a nice drive enjoying the view in all directions. I feel like the cabin is twice the size, and you can just hear everything around you so much better. Be it the engine, exhaust, tires, wind, people, other cars, etc. I just feel much more open in my camaro.

But really, w00t on dragging a 4 year old thread out of the grave!!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 98 has them, and I probably wouldn't have bought the car if it didn't have them. *cough*
Ok, but it did influence my decision quite a bit, and they have leaked maybe in the strongest of car washes.

Jason
Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't consider it a pro or con either way when buying, but if I had a choice I definitely would have got a hard top.

Lost a t-top on the freeway in rush hour, that was my fault cause I didn't latch it properly.

Lost another racing some ricer, hit a little valley in the road at ~100mph, thing popped off and flew to god knows where. Then to put icing on the cake, my replacement was stolen off my front door because the retard seller sent it in a LCD tv box, uninsured, and delivery was confirmed.

I never even take them off anyway, especially after those incidents, they are locked and tight as possible.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would LOVE to have a hardtop!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

My first firebird (1996 V6 with just about every option available) had T-Tops. I loved them at first, then I grew to hate them when I would have 1 inch of water in my passenger-side floorboard every time it rained! I did enjoy taking them off in the summer though.

My Formula is a hardtop, and truthfully I sometimes miss my T-Tops, but then when it rains, I'm glad that I don't have to be late to school because I had to vacuum out the water in my car! If I want the wind blowing in the car when I drive I just roll the windows down
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

I love my T-Tops. A big selling point for me. I take them off 2/3 of the year. I do live in San Diego though.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

hard tops are nice, but I like t tops just incase. I have never had a fourth gen top leak on me, and my c5 vette's never leaked either. It's great for sunny days when you bring your hot chick for a ride to show off her $5000 silicone fun bags
Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

^^^^^^
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM

I had a 02 SS with a T Top and it was fine. I cant say that I would have liked to have a hardtop more. I didnt use my t top that much though.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

I HATE leg and *** wettin, interior ruining T-tops. If you guys love them so much then why don't you just marry them!
Yeah it's so awesome when your girl goes to get in the car and you have to tell her to wait while you lay the folded up towel on the seat, so classy.

Sooo I'm saving up for new weatherstipping now. Weatherstripping is not something you should have to SAVE UP for. Raped by GM again, ooh, feels good! More please!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Resident

my car is always parked outside, and t-tops WAS a selling point for me when I was looking for my car. I love them... I just leave the sunshades on em whenever they are actually on the car so the cabin isnt 1,000,000 degrees.

Quick Reply: Do you Regret Getting/Not Getting T-tops??