General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Don't buy from Bill Heard

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
They also own two Chevy dealers in Houston, both of which I have had terrible experiences with. I'd never buy from them.
Tony's right about the dealer here in Houston. My wife and I went there looking for an HHR last year. We had a 2001 BMW X5 4.4 that we were tired of paying the gas bill on (12mpg!). Long story short, they were only going to give us $22,000 for the X5 and nothing off the HHR. We obviously passed. Went to Strickland Chevrolet and got GM employee pricing (which wasn't available on 2006's at the time) plus what we owed on the X5. It worked out ok. But, Bill Heard, you could just tell they were not helping anybody but themselves.

Brian
Old 08-03-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to go to the lot, hop in, drive off.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SLO98Z
I hear that ****! I would actually love to be in that situation, just to do that! I can also tell you that if they ever got caught at my house, trying to take my vehicle, I would have put a gun in their mouth, took them in my house and pulled some Rob Zombie **** on their punk asses.

I just don't see how any auto dealer would get away with something like this. Now I have honestly and finally seen it all. I have always known that Bill Heard is ****. Some dumbfuck rearended me as I sat still at a redlight last year. I mistakenly took it to Bill Heard for the repairs and they did the shitiest paint job I have ever seen. I wouldn't even let them redo it. I took the manager and like 3 other employees outside and made them feel like degenerates. They were so stupid that I actually began to feel sorry for them. I took the Z to Abra and paid my own money for them to repaint my rear bumper cover. You can't even tell it has ever been touched.

I had been warned, by everyone, to not take my car to Bill Heard. I just acknowledged the fact that they had a very nice and very equipped collision center, so they should be able to handle a bumper. They apparently don't know what the **** they're doing.
Around here there are only 2 (fully equipped) GM dealers with paint/body shops on-site. BH is one of them...

I had BH do the roof replacement on my Z. (Previously had the 'bubble mod')

They actually did an O.K. job when all was said and done...

They ordered out my new roof skin and painted it before I even took the car up there. When I dropped the car off, I had the body shop manager actually stand there with me and write down the mileage (insurance against 'test drives' by the employees).

Picked it up the next day. Car was dirty as hell but it had NO additional miles on it and the color was a PERFECT match.

I wouldn't EVER buy shiznit from them again, but they did manage to pull off a decent job on my roof. I guess everybody gets lucky sometimes.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahah that video is great... i hope bill heard sees this.. some1 in that area print it off and leave it at his office... bastard
Old 08-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Staging Lane

I used to live in Huntsville, AL. I tried to buy from BH a few times it never worked out. The last time I went to visit them I was trying to get a 2002 Camaro SS. After about 4 hours working on the deal, I went back to the finance guy. He wanted to offer me 15% and only $850 a month payment!!!! He said it wasn't too bad. I drove 90 miles south to Birmingham and picked up my 2002 Camaro SS in under 5 hours. That included the driving time.