General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

stolen z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen z28

hey guys. ive been a member here for a while. never really posted any, but wanted to ask you guys a few questions.

i had my 02 z28 stolen last saturday and was wondering if any of you have had yours stolen. if so, did you get all the money you have paid on it back or did you end up losing money?

thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails stolen z28-p1010115.jpg  

Last edited by shlim101; 08-10-2006 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 08-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy **** not another F body in BR! I live in Hammond (until tomorrow) and my hawk was stolen on June 2nd. My car was found on Siegen lane near an apartment complex. I think it was a **** head that lived in my complex that was one of the N.O. evacuees stole it right when he moved to BR. Completely disrespectful! I am putting the word out to all my friends, and co-workers we are running crews on I 12, I 10 and I 55 everyday.
I wasnt all that angry when they stole my car but I am angry now that I see another member in the area that had the same misfortune. My advice, look into it yourself and push the local police agency, check the internet for cars or parts being sold that look like they could have been yours. Basicly do everything in your power to keep this scum from profiting from your misfortune. Good luck I hope they find the bastard.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

the BR police are worthless. i called them and told them i was suspicious of a guy i saw walking through my apt complex wearing a mechanics outfit from a nearby dealer. he doesnt live in this complex and i watched him walk all the way out and down the street.

he most probably could have gotten my vin and ordered a key. not sure what all info he would need, but my address wouldnt have been a problem if he has been watching my car.

told the BR police and they said i had no evidence and they wouldn't even look into it. called my insurance agent who is from the stolen cars dept and he said he would push it on them. probably wont get anything done, but its worth a shot. anyways, keep an eye out for it. im pretty sure its in parts, its almost been a week, but you never know.

here are a few more pictures

Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

**** that ******* sux.. good luck getting ur car/money back..
Old 08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Banned

I guess all auto thefts started after katrina!
Old 08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02 wife
I guess all auto thefts started after katrina!
yea, ive heard its pretty easy to steal a car and bring it to new orleans now.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason I think it was stolen on.........purpose.

You just don't seem to be that stressed about it. Good luck and don't get caught on insurance fraud.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Teching In

yea...not to stressed. i have a lot of other **** to deal with. why would i let a car ruin my life?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Justin00SS

You just don't seem to be that stressed about it. Good luck and don't get caught on insurance fraud.
Man, I think that was out of line. Even if he's not as freaked out as some would be, including myself, there's no reason to make an accusation like that.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would he post anything? That would just bring more attention, which eh wouldnt want if he was committing insurance fraud. Not everyone freaks out about a car because it is just a car...it sucks but what do you expect him to do, cry uncontrollabley and not be able to function?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh, you can tell hes not stressed by the way he types?
what would make you say something like that?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

The first post is asking about getting money for the car. Not if anyone has seen it.

I'd be more worried about getting the car unless I set it up to get stolen.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Teching In

The first post is asking about getting money for the car. Not if anyone has seen it.

I'd be more worried about getting the car unless I set it up to get stolen.
the first post was asking people if they had ever had their car stolen and if they LOST money. i still owe and have paid a lot and dont really want to get jipped by the insurance company. do you seriously think i wanted my car stolen? my toy? the thing that i put my extra time and money into? do you think that i wanted to fill out about 8 papers from the insurance company on this whole matter? do you think i really wanted to wake up a week ago on my day off and have to call the cops because someone stole my damn car?

give me a break dude. you dont know me. i am a VERY relaxed person and really dont think that a car is worth getting to worked up over. yeah, im pissed that some dumbass stole my car and is probably chopping it up right now, but im also a realist and i know that its been over a week and i havent heard a thing about it.....so.....im going to go ahead and say that its been chopped into a thousand peices and all my hard work is gone.

get over yourself. its not like i can really do anything to find it. i cant really afford to stress out over a car. i just started school and have to focus on that.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i feel for you man, someone stole my dirtbike that i saved up for all summer when i was a kid...old lady next door said someone backed in my driveway while i was at school and loaded it in the back of a truck, she was too scared to go outside and try to get plates. i know a dirt bike is alot cheaper but when your a 10 year old kid and spent 3 summers of yard mowing money on something you like and some jackass takes it it kinda sucks. i never got anything back out of it.....good luck on getting your car complete/money back!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shlim101
the first post was asking people if they had ever had their car stolen and if they LOST money. i still owe and have paid a lot and dont really want to get jipped by the insurance company. do you seriously think i wanted my car stolen? my toy? the thing that i put my extra time and money into? do you think that i wanted to fill out about 8 papers from the insurance company on this whole matter? do you think i really wanted to wake up a week ago on my day off and have to call the cops because someone stole my damn car?

give me a break dude. you dont know me. i am a VERY relaxed person and really dont think that a car is worth getting to worked up over. yeah, im pissed that some dumbass stole my car and is probably chopping it up right now, but im also a realist and i know that its been over a week and i havent heard a thing about it.....so.....im going to go ahead and say that its been chopped into a thousand peices and all my hard work is gone.

get over yourself. its not like i can really do anything to find it. i cant really afford to stress out over a car. i just started school and have to focus on that.

Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong. There is always someone who sees a different point of view.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong. There is always someone who sees a different point of view.
well, your point of view is wrong.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Launching!

Schlim101 - I had my '98 SS stolen in Slidell the third friggin' day after I moved there. This was about this time last year, so it was before Katrina (lost EVERYTHING in that). The St. Tammany Parish S.O. auto theft detective that was assigned to my case told me that they were targeting LS1 f-bodies and that they were getting keys cut from your vin. I believe that because there was absolutely NO trace of my SS. The advice I was given was to cover your vin with a business card or something.

As for the insurance, State Farm paid off after the 30 day wait...I lost no money, but I didn't wait the 30 days to replace her. I got a '98 B4C shortly thereafter, but she's not the same as my beloved SS. In fact, I jokingly refer the the B4C as "The Rebound". I've had women leave me that didn't screw me up as bad as losing that car! lol. When I was trapped in downtown N.O. during Katrina, I found myself daydreaming that the ******* that stole my SS was slowly drowning in a sewer...and I hope the ************ did.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Teching In

thought id update you guys.

it was a total loss. never found it. i did lose money. i didnt get reimbursed for my warranty and a few other things. overall i lost a good bit of money. really sucks!

the guy handling my claim told me that this was his 3rd camaro this month. not sure whats going on around here in baton rouge, but if you are around this area, keep a very close eye on your ride.

thanks for the support.