General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just Lost a T-Top

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
the thing that sucks the most is now your key will never work in it i would see if you can just get the glass replaced in it so your key will still work if you still have the t-top.
No need to even go back and look for it. Your key will work when you take the lock out of the new top and take it to a locksmith with your door key and have it key matched. That's what I had to do when I first got my car because one top was not keyed properly. Good luck with finding a new one, I know it sucks when you lose something but it'll work out.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by LvDemKings
No need to even go back and look for it. Your key will work when you take the lock out of the new top and take it to a locksmith with your door key and have it key matched.
True, but if he knows where it is, the existing one is free. Plus he can get the molding. I bought a new one in the GM box from a guy and it didn't have the molding. He might also end up finding one with a different colored molding.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. Yeah, I meant unlatched. I hear thunder and look out my window. It's going to rain. My shoes are under the same window, which is by the door. I put them on as fast as I can and fly out the door. Less than 30 seconds and it's already pooring. So, I open the trunk, throw the passenger side on then run over and throw on the driver's side, Get in turn my car the **** on as fast as I can so I can roll up the electric windows. Reach over and pull my passengers side door closed. Done? Nope. Never latched it.

I'll try that Choco. <--- Half-hearted smile.

Thanks guys. I'll go back and look for it.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing happened to me
dealer had them for 700 dollars each
found them in a junkyard for 200