General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Corvetteforum is sooo retarded.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvetteforum is sooo retarded.

Yeah I am about sick and tired of that gay *** forum. They wont let you post any thing that involves street racing. They will not let you swear. For the most part the guys on that forum do nothing to their cars but pointless chrome engine accesories and chromed out rims. They dont know any other performance companies other than Lingenfelter or LG motorsports basically. Also, a lot of the times someone will post up a thread asking what everyone thinks about some new 22 inch rims or something to that affect and when I say "wow those are ugly" people get all bent out of shape because Im not giving hand jobs out to the poster like everyone else is. Basically there just a bunch of old **** heads who are a bunch of pussies. Wondering if any of you guys have had any similiar experience with that gay *** forum? Anyways, thaught I would save some of you lsx owners from wasting your time there. From now on LS1tech is the only forum I will be going to not gay *** corvetteforum.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Way to stereotype an entire site based on a few people.

That's like saying everyone here has a mullet and lives in a trailer.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by StealthZ06
Way to stereotype an entire site based on a few people.

That's like saying everyone here has a mullet and lives in a trailer.
You must be a member huh.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nightmarevette

lol
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

I'm a member of A LOT of sites.

I've been in the LSx community for almost 7 years now. I joined LS1.com back in 1999 when I bought my first F-body.

I found that the majority of people at the corvetteforum are cool, but there are a few bad apples (just like with ANY site). I've actually been helped a lot. When I needed my car lowered I just made a post and a really nice member let me bring my car out to his house and he did everything for me. He even offered to install my cross-drilled and slotted rotors. Guess what? I made the same exact thread over here and NOBODY offered to help. Yes, you're not allowed to talk about street racing there, but that's the OWNER'S decision, not the members. There are a lot of good racers there, and a lot of people here who are members of BOTH sites. By saying that corvetteforum members are (and I quote) "a bunch of old **** heads who are a bunch of pussies" you are actually insulting members of this board too. I'm 23 years "old" btw, (disproving your stereotype).

For the most part the guys on that forum do nothing to their cars but pointless chrome engine accesories and chromed out rims.
People enjoy their vehicles in DIFFERENT ways. Some like to race, some like to cruise, and some like to stare at a car that's sitting in their garage. As long as they are a car enthusiast, who are you to tell them what they should and shouldn't be doing with their car?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You must have BEEN a member, huh?

Oh ya, IBTL.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I am about sick and tired of that gay *** forum. They wont let you post any thing that involves street racing. They will not let you swear. For the most part the guys on that forum do nothing to their cars but pointless chrome engine accesories and chromed out rims. They dont know any other performance companies other than Lingenfelter or LG motorsports basically. Also, a lot of the times someone will post up a thread asking what everyone thinks about some new 22 inch rims or something to that affect and when I say "wow those are ugly" people get all bent out of shape because Im not giving hand jobs out to the poster like everyone else is. Basically there just a bunch of old **** heads who are a bunch of pussies. Wondering if any of you guys have had any similiar experience with that gay *** forum? Anyways, thaught I would save some of you lsx owners from wasting your time there. From now on LS1tech is the only forum I will be going to not gay *** corvetteforum.
If you don't like it, click the little X in the corner and don't visit the site.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by keliente
If you don't like it, click the little X in the corner and don't visit the site.

I can appreciate your opinion, but no one is forcing you to go there. There is some excellent info on there that I can say I do appreciate. Bad apples in every bunch.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

I recognize your name from that board...lol thats all I have to say...lol. Also, why did someone say ibtl? Nothing has been done to get the thread locked so why are you saying in before the lock? The funny thing is the only people in this thread who are getting defensive are people who are members there....
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I recognize your name from that board...lol thats all I have to say...lol. Also, why did someone say ibtl? Nothing has been done to get the thread locked so why are you saying in before the lock? The funny thing is the only people in this thread who are getting defensive are people who are members there....
I said ibtl because this doesn't really follow the Section Rules; leading me to believe the thread would be locked since it doesn't have much to do with LSX discussion. Maybe. Maybe not. I just thought it's more of a gripe you have and a thread about you not liking another forum.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Defensive? Why would I be defensive? I have been on Ls1tech WAY longer than I have been on corvetteforum. I probably post on 20 different forums, I use them all for different things, depending on what kind of information I need.

I don't care if you are talking about corvetteforum or about donkeys.com, if you don't like it, don't visit the site. Taking the time to make a thread about why a site is 'gay' because they won't let you swear and talk about street racing is rather infantile.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Defensive? Why would I be defensive? I have been on Ls1tech WAY longer than I have been on corvetteforum. I probably post on 20 different forums, I use them all for different things, depending on what kind of information I need.

I don't care if you are talking about corvetteforum or about donkeys.com, if you don't like it, don't visit the site. Taking the time to make a thread about why a site is 'gay' because they won't let you swear and talk about street racing is rather infantile.
If you dont like my thread then why are you wasting the time to post in it? If you arent defensive then why are you worrying about posting in my thread? Those last 2 sentences I wrote I went by your rational...it doesn't make sense does it? You can just about apply that rational to any situation there is.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

If you dont like my thread then why are you wasting the time to post in it? If you arent defensive then why are you worrying about posting in my thread? Those last 2 sentences I wrote I went by your rational...it doesn't make sense does it? You can just about apply that rational to any situation there is.
Never said I didn't like your thread...not worried about anything, just killing the last 5 minutes of my evening before hitting the sack...

My point was starting a thread entirely devoted to bashing another forum is rather, well,
Old 08-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

The only thing is that cougar that you used to have along with those riced out black rims on your vette.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 PM
NKAWTG...N

No good can come from this.

I'll leave this thread open for now...but if it gets any worse then consider this my IBTL post.

Last edited by StoleIt; 08-14-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LvDemKings
I said ibtl because this doesn't really follow the Section Rules; leading me to believe the thread would be locked since it doesn't have much to do with LSX discussion. Maybe. Maybe not. I just thought it's more of a gripe you have and a thread about you not liking another forum.
Hey, good call.
Its not general discussion about LSx motors. Its a rant about a site that the original poster doesnt like.

nightmarevette
Please, show some maturity when posting here about another enthusiast site. Its not a compition. StealthZ06 said it best I believe. Different peole appeal to different things and different sites. I'm glad you find LS1Tech the great site that it is, but you need to realise that not everyone (here nore there) will agree with your thoughts. Not all sites allow posts about street racing, fearing liability, or just do not want that discussion on their site. Its the owners choice to allow what he wants on his site.