General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

WS6 TransAm Incident, very important!! (long story)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 TransAm Incident, very important!! (long story)

My name is Chris and here is something I need to share with my LS1 brothers and sis
I saw a WS6 Trans Am on autotrader.com and I was very interested on buying it, so It took me to the dealership website. The car did look good on pics and the description said that the car was in perfect conditions. I know is not easy to find a WS6 in these days with the description they gave me so I went to the dealer place wich is 3 hrs away from where I live, but I didnt mind driving, so I got there, the car looks in ok for me, but not as described on the website. So we went inside the place, since then something told me there was something weird about all that, is like you can feel when theres something that you dont like, the guy acted weird, mean and like if we were kids or ignorant people. (me and my wife) He just didnt know I've been into LS1's since a very long time and know every detail about them, so anyway we got to the price wich was extremelly high for how the car looked to me. But as you know those cars are so important for us that I told my wife, that I was going to be fine with the price as long as the payments are affordable for me every month. Anyway I asked the guy if the car had any problems before, he said no, I asked if there is something I have to fix so I can make my numbers, he said there was nothing wrong the car never had accidents or repainted, so I told him that I had a lift at home and that I was going to check the car from under and check for more things, so he repeated that the car was in good conditions. So we got to the papper work , signed all pappers and deal, we drove back with my wife. When we got to my town it was late maybe 8 pm so we stopped the cars at a grocery shop parking lot and then I saw that 3 of the lights were not working, so I told her to drive home before It was darker, so we kept driving until we got home. She turned the car off and the drivers headlight made this weird noise, like if it was stucked on something, so I said ok tomorrow we are going to fix the lights and that noise. Since then I didnt like the car because is something that the dealer place should take care off before they sell a car, to check that at LEAST the lights are working. So we went online and paid the carfax.com to check the car with the vin number, and we found 24 reports and we found out that the car had an accident and was repaired and repainted the whole bumper. The day started ugly already, I put the car on the lift, and WOW, I see the whole frame that holds the bumper is pushed to the passenger side, moved up, the bumper broken and glued, so I told my wife that I didnt like it after seeing that so I put the car down and we started making calls to the dealer, asking for a manager, wich NEVER answered our calls, never returned our calls, so I decided to take the car back because I was very upset, again I didnt mind driving 3 hrs and take my money back. So I just replaced the lights, the noise was because of the crash. I didnt mind so I just leave them there. So after 3 hrs I got to the dealer place and before something happens wich I recomend to everyone here is to have your camera with you all the time for anything that can happen. So when I got to the place I took few pictures to keep them with me that tells that the car was in same conditions as when I bought it. Here are some of them for you to see the problem with the bumper, the lights, and more:

When I was there, they wouldnt help me at all, everybody refused to talk to me, untill somebody came out the office and said that they were going to lower the price, without even knowing that I didnt want the car anymore, so I told him what I saw when I put it on the lift and he started lowering the price a lot more over 2 thousand dollars low, and he said that I could fix it with those 2 thousand that he took off the price. I never agreed I said no more deal with the car, so they all got upset with me, they went out and look at the car, started asking why It was dirty, why the light was making noise, and why it was dirty and why it was dirty they kept asking that. I said the car was like this since I bought it and that I was stupid for not checking those things here the same day I bought it. They said ok have a nice weekend, wich they repeated often, like making me leave without signing any papper or without returning my check. Then somebody told me if they find something wrong with the car they were going to send me a bill, and if there was something more that I was going to get a lawyer. So I said very coinfident, Man do what you have to do, I have pictures, videos of what was wrong with the car, and pictures when I took it back just in case if they want to take it appart and blame me, so I kissed my camera because that kept all the evidence. Here is the pic of the car when I took it back:

and this is driving to the dealer place

At the end they made me leave the place saying the deal was closed and that they already voided the check, wich refussed to show me proof or a fax to my bank.
So I called a police station to file a report about what happened.
I hope nothing like this happens to any of you and please keep a camera with you make a deal with a dealer or another person.
I hold nothing back against them, Im a very peacefull guy and very honest, they might sell the car for that much but they might have to deal with the same after people takes it to a mechanic to take a look at it. I just dont want them to send me a bill for the things I NEVER BROKE. If they do I have my pictures here that tells everything.
I love cars and the very last thing I would do in my life is to destroy them, poor car was going to be in good hands but I just cant pay that much when just to repair it was going to be over 5 grand.
Anyway people it was a long story but I just needed to share this with people before buying a car BE VERY CAREFULL SPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE USED.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

two things:

1.) what was the name of the dealership so we know to stay away?

-and-

2.)
Originally Posted by Kiwi
^^^this road looks a lot like route 40 in south jersey...
Old 08-27-2006, 06:41 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,684 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Sorry about the bad experiance. I'm sure you'll find a better Trans Am if you keep looking.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks! Sorry if I'm unclear on everything, but did you manage to get your money back/check cancelled?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
two things:
2.)

^^^this road looks a lot like route 40 in south jersey...
Did you buy the car in Jersey? I had a bad experience with the Performance Car Store trying to rip me off when I was looking for a car.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

you bought the car without looking at it or driving it? not judging, just curious. sucks man, sorry to here about that. Has it been cleared up? or you don't know yet? and WHO WAS IT? gotta make sure we ALL stay away from them.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

sucks, but this kind of thing is why you should run the carfax before you buy.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

It sucks but hard lesson learned. I know when I bought mine I asked for the keys pulled everything outta the car raise the hood, hatch, turned on and off the lights, turn signals, you name it I did it. Even measured the tread depth of the tires. And of course drove the **** outta it to listen for any noises. I hope that everything works out for you.. And from my understanding its A Federal Law to disclose to the consumer if a vehicle has been wreck. Was it a Salvage title on it too, cause if so NO bank would do a loan on it NORMALLY.
But I am no Lawayer by all means. good luck. that does suck though
Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about that experience! Usually when I buy a car I drive it a lot and test every single thing out...
Old 08-27-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
It sucks but hard lesson learned. I know when I bought mine I asked for the keys pulled everything outta the car raise the hood, hatch, turned on and off the lights, turn signals, you name it I did it. Even measured the tread depth of the tires. And of course drove the **** outta it to listen for any noises. I hope that everything works out for you.. And from my understanding its A Federal Law to disclose to the consumer if a vehicle has been wreck. Was it a Salvage title on it too, cause if so NO bank would do a loan on it NORMALLY.
But I am no Lawayer by all means. good luck. that does suck though
it may be law, but how would you prove it in court that they didn't tell you? He asjked the guy... just saying...it would have to be fought out with lawyers..lol.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I feel really good about the car I bought the car was an older man that took really good care and was honest and gave me a good deal. Not all of us are that lucky. It seems performance cars are tough to buy when you don't know what to look for and you have a dealership with the profit at any cost mentality. Good luck with the search.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

but it the dealer never ran a carfax on it then how would they know? If you couldnt tell the car was wrecked by looking at it how were they suppost to? Also some of those misalliments and whatnow occur with age and wear on a car. Ive seen quite a few cars where Ive known the 1st owners since day 1 and the car has never been in a wreck but from chassis movement and whatnot things get outa line a little bite. By no way am I defending the dealer but im just saying remember that your buying a USED car.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

75% of the small dealerships practice borderline shady business. I would have done a carfax without even thinking about driving 3 hours. Sucks that you got burned. Hope it turns out okay..
Old 08-28-2006, 06:11 AM
On The Tree

Thanx to all, you are all right 1st bad experience and only one, I did learn a lot. And yea I should have run carfax before all that, and yea I found another one in alot better conditions, is a little bit further than this one but is ok, so after everything is fixed with bank and dealer, ill go see the other one. And the dealer was in Delmar Maryland, last town before you hit ocean city, is a Saturn dealer but has used cars too.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:23 AM
TECH Resident

wow, you went thru all that for a hood and a badge? Carfax FTW
Old 08-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBADaSS02
Did you buy the car in Jersey? I had a bad experience with the Performance Car Store trying to rip me off when I was looking for a car.
i pass the performance car store every day on the way to work. they're on route 73. they wanted 20k for a pewter WS6 with 40+k miles on it! they're crazy over there. they do have some nice cars though.

i bought my car from a small dealership in lititz, PA about 10 miles past lancaster from my location. i completely forgot to do a carfax though i've had it up on a lift, however, and everything looks good. nothing worth mentioning.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Anybody read the whole story? pretty long but real
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Caveat emptor
Old 08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang man that sucks. I picked up my 2002 T/A at a small scab outfit dealership for just under 13K it had 80K miles on it at the time. I thought somthing for sure was wrong with the car. I took it down the street to my buddys shop and there was no leaks underneath..NOTHING. 100% stock. It was a 1 owner the ladys name on the title and carfax was wanda I dont remember her last name but obviously an older lady. It had been registered 4 times between texas and missouri since 02 which makes me belive it had alot of highway miles. She even had jesus freak emblems on the back of the car by the taillights I had to take off. So in a way I think I might have paid a little to much for a 2002 with 80K miles on it but on the bright side I found one with 1 owner..hasnt had the **** beat out of it ...older woman...obviously highway miles...carfax was clean...no leaks...solid powertrain...So the way I see it it has high miles but its a car with probably 50K miles of wear and tear on it.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RDeputy150
Caveat emptor