General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do your T-tops leak?
Yes, they leak and I have not greased them
24.36%
Yes, they leak and I have greased them
2.56%
No they do not leak and I did not grease them
41.03%
They did but greasing them stopped it
0%
They only leak under high-pressure car wash/hurricanes
32.05%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Leaky T-tops?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only my passenger T-Top leaks and only when I power wash it. And by leak I mean like maybe 5 drops on the seat that would wouldent even know if you sat on it.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Launching!

my fu#kin cowl leaks into the passenger side , but not the T-Tops . pulled up the carpet and did a test with the water hose, also took off that piece under the glove box. So I'm planning on pulling the cowl grill off and see if I can fix it . Don't know what kind of Sealant or silicone to use , anyone know let me know thanks.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvrshark
my fu#kin cowl leaks into the passenger side , but not the T-Tops . pulled up the carpet and did a test with the water hose, also took off that piece under the glove box. So I'm planning on pulling the cowl grill off and see if I can fix it . Don't know what kind of Sealant or silicone to use , anyone know let me know thanks.

Dang...thats comforting, lol. I would recomend silicon or perhapse windshield sealant.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Dang...thats comforting, lol. I would recomend silicon or perhapse windshield sealant.
Thanks , I can't believe this ****. I had a 89 and a 98 didn't have this problem. It sucks.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything fine here
Old 09-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Launching!

i have both leaks but only during high pressure wash from the windows not the T-tops,, my passenger side leaks in the middle and the driver side leaks from the rear.. maybe Window Visors will help??? like these,, did anyone try them on our cars..

Old 09-12-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=I'm also heard of ******* shitting or pissing into someones car because of the t tops being off.[/QUOTE]
are you serious??? Just trying to picture that is funny as hell but that would suck
Old 09-13-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Commando
i have both leaks but only during high pressure wash from the windows not the T-tops,, my passenger side leaks in the middle and the driver side leaks from the rear.. maybe Window Visors will help??? like these,, did anyone try them on our cars..

bieng as our cars have FrameLESS windows, everytime you wanted to open the door you would have to roll down the window to prevent the glass from knocking them off. Plus they would not even fit a T-Top car.

My T-Top T/A leaks both at the back middle bend of the window and at the top fron corner of the t-top. my old Hard top leaked on the back middle bend of the window but only in car washes never in rain.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Launching!

No problems at most car washes but during hurricanes and any long hard rain my passenger seat gets wet first but water drips on my left arm when i drive i heavy rains.