General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

looking at this Need opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking at this Need opinions...

hey guys, First off i just wanna say hi. usely im over at Performancetrucks.net, lately i have been looking into getting a Camaro or a firebird to start sticking money into.... the trucks fun and all but now my hunger for speed can no longer be pleased by a truck.. i have been looking at This car for awhile and now im starting to seriously consider buying it...... i just dont know enough about these cars to make a decision on price... so tell me what you guys think

Thanks

LES
Old 09-04-2006, 11:42 PM
NKAWTG...N

HELL NO! First I can only see 1 pic, so thats a minus. Just judging on that pic though the rims look like crap. And it really don't matter how much money the dude has in it, the car has 47k on the clock and he is asking for like maybe 3k under what you could have gotten it new.

No. I'd rather have a stock 02 for 14k with less miles than that.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldnt drive that, and yea seems WAYYYYYYYY overpriced, id pay maybe 10 for it, but dont forget modding that much really doesnt help the sale of the car
Old 09-05-2006, 06:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Much better deals to be found elsewhere.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replys guys..... like i said i dont know enough about these cars to make a good decision...... that car was just close to where i live and im having a bitch of a time finding a car..... i suppose i will just wait for a firebird... i htink they look better anyway
Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

find one with the least mods.. stock if possible.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

blah i don't care for the looks of it really but if you like it then buy it.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carado1984
find one with the least mods.. stock if possible.
This guy has put WAY too much CRAP on that Z.

This is a CUSTOM 2000 Camaro Z28(T-Top). It has many custom things (worth OVER $13,500) such as: 18 inch Chrome Helo Shell rims with brand new tires($2,850) …… Custom Black paint with red metallic in it 5 coats of clear only 8 months old (cost me over $3,000) (Hmmm. I wonder if that means the car was wrecked 9 months ago?)… fiberglass ram air hood,…… painted eyelids on headlights,…… chrome gem style euro tailights …… painted interiour red, $500 custom made red and black seat covers front and back, red floor mats …… $400 VARED Red LED underbody lights …… 2 black lights,and six red lights on interiour,2 red stobe lights, red LED lights in vents, : ……Custom sterieo box and hatch with 2 12 inch subs all rockford fosgate they hit near 144 decibles, ……$1,000 indash DVD screen and player,……monsoon sound system with bass protect, (WOW! How did he manage to install an in-dash DVD player AND keep the stock Monsoon system?)……Custom body kit, comes with custom front end cover if wanna take grill out, extra battery in hatch (cant see it) to run all electronics …… chrome trany pan with cooling fins,tranny cooler,keyless entry with alarm,lowered 2 inches,and much more way to much to list ( Its definatley a MUST SEE).This car retails around $16,000 stock and it is from california.Im asking 21,500 OBO. This car is VERY FAST and one of the nicest camaros around if not the nicest

If you've got a "Need for Speed", this ain't the car you want. This car sounds like it should be sitting at a Nopi car show. Find a bare-bones Z28 with relatively low miles (that hasn't been wrecked) and do what you want to it.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that car is way overpriced!! and those wheels look like absoulute ****!!! and besides if this guy really has all of that stuff on his car you think he would show some more pictures...but thats just my .02
Old 09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Regular

find a nice stock SS or WS6.. i found my SS w/45k for 11,700... dont rush into buying.. i looked for well over a year before i got mine.. im not saying wait that long, just dont get the first car u find cuz its close to you.. find a mixed bunch of f-bodys, and check em out.. the less mods the better.. cuz modding usually means the car was beat on more..

the one thing i like about it are those "eye lid" things..... and the ws6 type hood.. over all though, i am gonna say...