General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm always worried when I leave my tops out cause my nitrous bottle can be easily seen... don't won't that stolen, then I'd be slow
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im very paranoid about parking my car. I only drive my car if i like the parking area. Im always looking out of the window of my apartment. If i cant get a parking spot by the window or at least where i can see it i will park it illegally until a good spot is free. I WILL NOT park it out of sight.(even though i have an alarm that tells me when the alarm is going off)
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont mind parking lots, but it when im at home at night when I worry. Im awalys paranoid of my step mom hitting it when she leaves in the morning or some jackass from school comming and doing something to it. And if I have to park out in the street for some reasion im awalys looking out the window to make sure it hasent got hit or anything
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you asking if I am paranoid? Are you planning on stealling it?

Get the picture?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

I park in Hell's half-acre and walk backwards into every store. Run like hell while in the store, and on the way out, try to get a visual just as quickly as possible and keep a visual all the way to my door.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
I dont mind parking lots, but it when im at home at night when I worry. Im awalys paranoid of my step mom hitting it when she leaves in the morning or some jackass from school comming and doing something to it. And if I have to park out in the street for some reasion im awalys looking out the window to make sure it hasent got hit or anything
theres nothing like wakeing up in the morning for work and finding out your car got egged....my car is in the garage all the time now.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

The only place I park my car is in the garage. Other than that I'm either driving it or standing near it. If I want to get something while I'm out I'll send however else is with me into a store to get it.

And when it's in the garage it's locked with alarm on. Garage door is locked with a padlock on the door track. Plus the garage is armed with a motion sensitive alarm.

Yeah, I aint kidding around when it comes to protecting my car.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shatterz
The only place I park my car is in the garage. Other than that I'm either driving it or standing near it. If I want to get something while I'm out I'll send however else is with me into a store to get it.

And when it's in the garage it's locked with alarm on. Garage door is locked with a padlock on the door track. Plus the garage is armed with a motion sensitive alarm.

Yeah, I aint kidding around when it comes to protecting my car.
same here. only time mine sees a parking lot is for a gathering.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Funny this thread should pop up now. Last night when I was in my college's parking lot I saw that I could either park with everyone else, or park 50 ft away where there was nobody. I was in a lazy mood, so I actually had to think about it, but ended up parking away from the others. When I came out of my class and was pulling out, I saw a girl pulling out too, and I figured I'd let her go first. Well, she backs out...and right into another car. I was pretty amazed, and then I waited to make sure she didn't just take off. She parked it, so I left. Then I realized that would have been me needing a new bumper and maybe a hood (she hit it pretty hard) if I had gone the lazy route. Honestly, that exact space.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM
11 Second Club

Im misserable because of that. I hate leaving it anywhere cuz I saw some old ladies hitting other cars when parking and they dont even know they just hit the car I hate that, and then Im just going to get mad and what is the poor old lady going to do, I mean the insurance will pay but it just sux . Thats why I hate using my cars, Im afraid of driving all the time that sux
Old 09-07-2006, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Everywhere I go, my car is parked away from everything or next to another nice car. But at school, I can't stand it. I used to go nuts always worrying about my car. But now I park in the handicap parking spot (I'm the only one in the entire school that uses one...and yes, I do have a handicap parking permit - I blew my knee out). What's nice about that is there are only a couple cars across from me and no one next to me. And one of them is the principal, and he's a car nut so I'm good. I'm the last person to get to school usually and the first to leave, as well. So now I can be at school without any worries
Old 09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

i dont get paranoid usually i leave the tops off.. but in shady/unfamiliar neighborhoods i make sure to lock up good.. is that a 97 ss by ne chance?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im overprotective. I live in the woods and its always garaged. I wont take it to the movies or someplace busy like the grocery store. I usually do weekend drives up to the parents and thats about it. If my bros there he'll drive if he wants to do something while my car is off the street on their lawn under a tree. I wouldnt drivr it at first for fear of rock chips. Im gettin better though. This is a car I plan on keeping a LONG time...
Old 09-08-2006, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At school theres not much I can do, its SOO crowded. I won't ever double park, those people **** me off to no end. But no I'm not really too paranoid about it, its not like its a Ferrari, the doors aren't metal so they arent going to ding easily, and I have touch up paint. Don't get me wrong I take very good care of my car, just some things are out of my control. When I'm at home it stays in the garage and there is piece of mind there. At work I have my own spot, and in big parking lots I park in the back. People do seem to have a habit of parking crap next to it though, dont ask me why.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Yes I get paranoid. Thats probably because my WS6 badge was stolen within a couple months of owning it
Old 09-08-2006, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

when you're out somewhere it doesnt seem to matter where you park, some jagoff will always park next to you. i still park far away and my gf gets pissed but....**** happens ya know? as far as being at home goes, i've learned to be a little less paranoid b/c i have to park on the street 90% of the time (3 car driveway; family with 5 cars) and i have no garage
Old 09-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

When my car is at home, it's in the garage. When I'm out, I just park the darned thing. If I put it in the middle of the spot, I can usually trust the other people around me to not send their door into it. Even if that does happen, there were already scratches and crap when I bought the thing, so I probably wouldn't freak.

Originally Posted by Rubrburnr
I am always so paranoid when parking. I am known at work for being the guy to take up two spots, I'm talking about parking the center of my car on top of a parking line. I live in a apartment right now. I've tried to give everybody a hint by putting one side of wheels ON the line, that didn't seem to let one person know, so now I just put the line right under the driver's seat. Parking lots like the grocery store, etc; its a small hike to get to the store ... again two spots, sometimes four so nobody parks behind me.
Speaking of that, people at my old apartment used to pull crap like that all the time. I was driving a full-size Chevy truck, so I'd be on the lookout and park as close as physically possible to their cars. I'm quite the expert at backing into spots, and could get it a good inch or 2 away from their cars. It was kind of funny to see people have to get in their passenger door and then get other people to help them back out. And I was in a truck, so dents and scratches were no biggie. Was I a douche for doing it? Probably. But everyone who actually put their cars in the lines were left alone. Moral of the story: park in the lines!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Always park away from the mini vans. Never know when when some kid will smack somthing into my car. Its scarier when I park on campus no one cares if they hit your car or not as long as they get a good parking spot
Old 09-08-2006, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

I'm a nervous wreck when I have to park my car in a parking lot.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
I'm very paticular about where I park my car. I park way out in the far end of the parking lot. Everything was great for 2 years. No scratches, dents, nothing. Then I leave my car at my parents in the garage out of the way and under the cover. When I come back 2 days later. My mother comes up to me crying her eyes out. Saying that she didn't do it. When I asked what didn't she do and what happened she said Please don't be mad at me. I asked what happend to my car? She told me that my father had came home drunk and had opened his truck door up wildly and knocked a meat smoker of the shelf and it had landed on my car. Well needless to say I didn't speak to my dad for about a month. And never once did he say he was sorry. I did hear him tell my mom, that I was f*cking crazy if I thought he was paying for it. The damage was to my driverside rear quater panel right at the top where it curves and to the spoiler. I took it to a few body shops the next day and got 3 estimets. $900 and two weeks later all was back to normal. Anytime I leave for a long time the car is going to storage.
No offense, but I'm definitely laughing at the fact that it was a meat smoker. That som'bitch musta been pretty large.

I was driving in construction behind a dump truck like a tard one day and a huge chunk of asphalt flys out and take out a 3" chunk of paint on my pass healight cover. I was pissed.

I kinda get worried when I park it with the tops off just to run into a gas station real quick.

Quick Reply: are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??