General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??

i get uneasy when i park it at a parking lot, because im afraid someone will key my car, or kick it leaving a dent, or steal my SS emblems. you know..stupid crap like that..

shitty camara phone i know
Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

yes, especially when I park it crooked and take up 2 spots lol.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im paranoid of shopping carts
Old 09-06-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ever since i put in the dvd player, i dont leave the tops off anymore.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Big parking lots.. NO, I just park way out there. Parking at School.. YES, I've gotten two dents at school, but I got a hook up at the body shop, so it wasn't too expensive.

Now, I had to stay in a No Tell Motel one night in Dallas (not by choice) and let me tell you.. I was on the ground floor and my car was right outside the window and I didn't sleep worth a crap, every little sound would wake me up and I was looking out the window.

But you've always got to worry about haters.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

My camaro is my only car so I have to. I got used to it. I just make sure the windows are up and car locked. It's just a car and if something happens, money will fix it. If it gets damaged too bad, I can buy a similar one. It's not worth that much anyway ($12k?) I love my car, but it is just a car.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's inevitable. You can park on the moon, and it's almost guaranteed that some jackass is parked right next to you when you come out.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I park way out in BFE at work. I live in an apartment right now, but I park in the "Visitor Area" which is kinda in the middle and no one parks there anyways. I never leave my windows down or tops off whenever I can't see the car. I see other F-body/Vette people leaving their vert tops down and in a restaurant eating for like a hour.

But as stated, it may be just a car, but when you put hard work and time into it, it becomes more than just a car to me.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
It's inevitable. You can park on the moon, and it's almost guaranteed that some jackass is parked right next to you when you come out.
ain't that the damn truth...A while ago, I watched some fat bitch in a Honda Element cut across several rows of parking spaces and park right next to my car.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The one that really pisses me off is when i go into the grocery store and i will park all the way in the back im talking about so far away tumble weeds are rolling through. (like in the old western movies) i wont be in for 20 min. I come out and 3 carts and a car parked right next to my car. Then i get closer and some jack *** ramed a cart into my rear passanger fender (you know the one thats not plastic) so now there is a small dent. unbelievable
Old 09-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

I always park at the end of the lot or away from everyone in my parking garage but of course a month ago some ******* hit my fender. Nice little ding in my quarter.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm very paticular about where I park my car. I park way out in the far end of the parking lot. Everything was great for 2 years. No scratches, dents, nothing. Then I leave my car at my parents in the garage out of the way and under the cover. When I come back 2 days later. My mother comes up to me crying her eyes out. Saying that she didn't do it. When I asked what didn't she do and what happened she said Please don't be mad at me. I asked what happend to my car? She told me that my father had came home drunk and had opened his truck door up wildly and knocked a meat smoker of the shelf and it had landed on my car. Well needless to say I didn't speak to my dad for about a month. And never once did he say he was sorry. I did hear him tell my mom, that I was f*cking crazy if I thought he was paying for it. The damage was to my driverside rear quater panel right at the top where it curves and to the spoiler. I took it to a few body shops the next day and got 3 estimets. $900 and two weeks later all was back to normal. Anytime I leave for a long time the car is going to storage.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
I'm very paticular about where I park my car. I park way out in the far end of the parking lot. Everything was great for 2 years. No scratches, dents, nothing. Then I leave my car at my parents in the garage out of the way and under the cover. When I come back 2 days later. My mother comes up to me crying her eyes out. Saying that she didn't do it. When I asked what didn't she do and what happened she said Please don't be mad at me. I asked what happend to my car? She told me that my father had came home drunk and had opened his truck door up wildly and knocked a meat smoker of the shelf and it had landed on my car. Well needless to say I didn't speak to my dad for about a month. And never once did he say he was sorry. I did hear him tell my mom, that I was f*cking crazy if I thought he was paying for it. The damage was to my driverside rear quater panel right at the top where it curves and to the spoiler. I took it to a few body shops the next day and got 3 estimets. $900 and two weeks later all was back to normal. Anytime I leave for a long time the car is going to storage.
That sucks, no one cares anything about what you work hard for. I had something similar happen to me a couple of years back.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

I used to be that way but no matter how much trouble I went through to make sure that I kept my car plenty safe while unattended, the inevitable seemed to always rear its ugly head. For example, I used to park my old '97 Z28 as far away from other cars as I could while out shopping. As soon as I would come out, there would be cars parked all around it. One even parked so close to my driver's side door that I had to enter my car through the passenger's door. Was I ticked off? Yep.

My co-worker drives a $50K Lotus Elise and while he was at a local store, some delivery truck backed right over the front of it. Damage was $12K. I asked him one time why he didn't take more precautions with the Lotus and he told me that it is only a car and he bought it to drive it, not hide it in a garage. That put it all into perspective for me.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

I am always so paranoid when parking. I am known at work for being the guy to take up two spots, I'm talking about parking the center of my car on top of a parking line. I live in a apartment right now. I've tried to give everybody a hint by putting one side of wheels ON the line, that didn't seem to let one person know, so now I just put the line right under the driver's seat. Parking lots like the grocery store, etc; its a small hike to get to the store ... again two spots, sometimes four so nobody parks behind me.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

I don't really care where I park it. Dents will happen, and it's just a luck of the draw. No sense in worrying about something you have very little control over.

Originally Posted by Rubrburnr
I am always so paranoid when parking. I am known at work for being the guy to take up two spots, I'm talking about parking the center of my car on top of a parking line. I live in a apartment right now. I've tried to give everybody a hint by putting one side of wheels ON the line, that didn't seem to let one person know, so now I just put the line right under the driver's seat. Parking lots like the grocery store, etc; its a small hike to get to the store ... again two spots, sometimes four so nobody parks behind me.
I would park my car RIGHT next to yours, write down your license plate so I would know where to look if I come back to a dent or scratch.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

I always park out of the way in a big parking lot. Or if I can, I try to park next to another nice car. Someone with a corvette doesn't want to ding my car just as much as I don't want him to.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
I always park out of the way in a big parking lot. Or if I can, I try to park next to another nice car. Someone with a corvette doesn't want to ding my car just as much as I don't want him to.
^thats what I do.. I just park next to someone with a nice car
Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya i do the same as yall park as far away as possible, but there are haters out there that make it their life to ruin others, but i had my car in the carport, and i live with my mom and we both had crotch rockets, well i would pull my car just right beside the bikes, well 1 night i spent the night with 1 of my friends and it stormed pretty bad that night well the next morning my mom calls me and sounds all sad and told me that her bike fell onto the side of my car and the handle went inside of my door and she had to pull her bike off my car , i was pretty mad but it was my mom and im a body man and my dad paints so really didnt cost anything but still it got to me, that car is my baby i wash and wax it all the time and it stays under a car cover @ all times..
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

I park at the end of the lots the walk is long but its a little extra assurance.

Quick Reply: are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??