General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just changed turn signal/drl

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just changed turn signal/drl

Just changed my driver side turn signal/ daytime running light, the one on the inside, closer to the grille. All i can say is holy hell was that annoying. Im a small person, like 5'7" 125lbs small, and i could only get one hand in that little flap in front of the wheel at a time, on top of that i couldnt see what the hell i was doing the whole time. Took me like half an hour to get the socket out and remove the old bulb, then put the new one in and make sure it worked.
But wait! There's more!
So after putting the new bulb in the socket, all i had to do was put the socket back in the plastic holder that keeps it inside the reflector right? WRONG. As i put the socket back in the gray plastic...holder...thingy...guess what...the bulb falls out into the turn signal reflector!!! I mean like, IN the turn signal...then i spend another hour getting the damn thing out with some wire and duct tape on the wire. Gave me such a bad headache and was so frustrating...so im home free right? NO the damn thing falls off into the turn signal AGAIN!...luckily i got it out and got the whole thing together properly, but wtf! who designed this!? why doesnt the socket go in horizontally instead of vertically?!, and why is the only access to the turn signal from under the freakin car!?
i had an easier time doing more complicated things...like changing the spark plugs....oh wait.....
Old 09-18-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know what you mean.I love the f-body,but they all seem to have the stupid little quirks when your trying to fix something that just makes you think they could've done a little better designing it to make it easier on you,at least on the 3rd and 4th gens,those are the only ones I've ever owned.So I definitely feel your pain.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

hahah i feel ur pain.. i ended up pulling my drivers side headlight to do it.. after cracking off a small piece of the corner of the turn signal.. pos.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

takes me maybe 5 min. Go from the top, without a socket using your hand and feeling. Not too hard. Annoying? yes.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarkCloud
hahah i feel ur pain.. i ended up pulling my drivers side headlight to do it.. after cracking off a small piece of the corner of the turn signal.. pos.
i was considering that...would have probably saved me time, haha. but now that ive done it i think i could do it in only a few minutes.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

If the bulb fell out then it wasnt in all the way. You have to push in until it "snaps" down. Its sometimes hard to do. Dont push it in via the glass, push it in via the sides of the plastic base.