General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: What do you think about MY Formula, Trans-Am, WS.6 and SuperCar Ideas?
Yes to Formula idea
0%
No to Foumula idea
0%
Yes to Formula/No to Trans-Am
0%
No to Formula/Yes to Trans-Am
0%
Yes to Trans-Am idea
0%
No to Trans-Am idea
0%
Yes to Formula and T/A
3.33%
No to Formula and T/A
0%
Yes to WS.6 idea
6.67%
No to WS.6 idea
0%
Yes to SuperCar idea
3.33%
No to SuperCar idea
0%
Yes to ALL
23.33%
No to ALL
10.00%
I should keep my thoughts to myself for now on!
23.33%
Yes to all BUT the SuperCar idea
23.33%
No to all BUT the SuperCar idea
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Formula and Trans-Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
I dont understand y u care if it has MDS? Unless the system has been known to fail while WOT i dont see nothing wrong with it but i dont know much about it either... Making a V8 with better fuel economy and still have great power to the rear wheels is not only smart... But a way to get the cars out on the road.. wait til gas is 4-5 bucks a gallon then come back and ask y ppl bitch about fuel milage...

LOL,..you don't know much about it then. I did some research on it already last year. Now knowing that the new Camaro will have it,.I don't wanna deal with the time lag from 4-8 and the whole new world of electrical and mechanical problems that they will inherit.

But even if I hadn't,..my position still stands,.."DON't buy a V8 and then Bitch about the Fuel economy!!" When people do that,..I feel like tell'n em to go and trade er in for a toyota.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think thats too many options, what about when you go to buy one used and have to look for years to find what you want?
just make it like the GTO, one engine, pick your color and trans and thats it.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OldLT1
i think thats too many options, what about when you go to buy one used and have to look for years to find what you want?
just make it like the GTO, one engine, pick your color and trans and thats it.
WOW!,....how long have you been an enthusiast exactly?!!!

First off,.... True enthusiasts don't just settle when they cant find what they want right away.They wait,..and wait untill they find exactly what they want. And then there are those of us who just go out,.buy a model,...and hi-po the **** out of it. I looked for my 68 Firebird for over a year. I waited. Where as it took me 2 minutes to locate my 00 Ws.6 T/A. It doesn't mater. But there are those of us who can wait.

Secondly,..........IT WAS A ****'N DAY DREAM!!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

one could only dream...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02NHRAtransAm
one could only dream...
LOL,...that was the whole point of this thread.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dream
BIG
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
LOL,..you don't know much about it then. I did some research on it already last year. Now knowing that the new Camaro will have it,.I don't wanna deal with the time lag from 4-8 and the whole new world of electrical and mechanical problems that they will inherit.

But even if I hadn't,..my position still stands,.."DON't buy a V8 and then Bitch about the Fuel economy!!" When people do that,..I feel like tell'n em to go and trade er in for a toyota.
I hate to be a downer, but, I personally say dumb ideas, it will never happen, and MDS isn't a bad thing.

Not trying to go against you in any way, but why would GM make their ''economy muscle car'' faster than their flagship (corvette) model? And America's economy is failing, not many people have $80,000 to drop on a car. If you haven't noticed yet, companies are trying to find ways to make the cars cheaper so they will sell for a cheaper price, so us poor Americans can afford them.

If you think MDS is a stupid idea, then you're really missing the picture. You're also probably the first person to bitch about gas prices when it goes up ten cents overnight.

MDS is a brilliant idea. Why would you not want to save gas? Time lag.. not everyone is street racing all the time.. and it's almost instantaneous. Plus there are ways to cut off MDS without hammering on it, so you're ready in case you have to own a ricer once in a while.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
I hate to be a downer, but, I personally say dumb ideas, it will never happen, and MDS isn't a bad thing.

Not trying to go against you in any way, but why would GM make their ''economy muscle car'' faster than their flagship (corvette) model? And America's economy is failing, not many people have $80,000 to drop on a car. If you haven't noticed yet, companies are trying to find ways to make the cars cheaper so they will sell for a cheaper price, so us poor Americans can afford them.

If you think MDS is a stupid idea, then you're really missing the picture. You're also probably the first person to bitch about gas prices when it goes up ten cents overnight.

MDS is a brilliant idea. Why would you not want to save gas? Time lag.. not everyone is street racing all the time.. and it's almost instantaneous. Plus there are ways to cut off MDS without hammering on it, so you're ready in case you have to own a ricer once in a while.
Look,..thats your opinion and I'll respect that.
Now with that said...

Hey Dumb Nut,..read the whole thread!! I was expressing a Day Dream,...a Fantasy, a thought!! I in NO WAY am expecting GM to read the thread and take it seriously! When you day dream about shoot'n down a strip do you stop and say to yourself,.... "hey,..I'm low on fuel!" in the midle of the damn day dream?! NO!! Why?! Cuz its a frig'n DAY DREAM!!!

And my thoughts and opinions about the MDS fuel management system is just that,....MINE!! Hey,.I know gas isn't cheap but I don't bitch about it. Wanna know why?! Cuz I knew that the second I bought a damn V8!! again my opinion on that is,....Who buys a V8 and then turns arround and bitches about the fuel economy?!... Someone that should have bought a Toyota!... Thats MY opinion tho!

....Oh and,.....My concern about the MDS fuel management system is the whole new world of electical problems its gonna bring with it. Come on,.....GM isn't honestly that generouse with a majority of components to the overall systems. I'll give you an example,..... LSX motors,..as amazing of a motor it is,..GM was kind enough to skimp on quality push-rods, springs, guide-plates, oil pumps and underdrive units. But at least those are all mechanical parts that with the proper knowledge and knowhow,.we can fix ourselfs. Now,..what happens if,...MDS fuel management system ***** up one day and doesn't feed the proper fuel mixture when it switches over to all 8 cylinders?! Thats just a random thought but wheather its that or something else,..it's gonna be expensive and a pain to fix. If it works,.GREAT! If not,...I'll just be glad that I don't have one. Again,..MY opinion.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 09-29-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Look,..thats your opinion and I'll respect that.
Now with that said...

Hey Dumb Nut,..read the whole thread!! I was expressing a Day Dream,...a Fantasy, a thought!! I in NO WAY am expecting GM to read the thread and take it seriously! When you day dream about shoot'n down a strip do you stop and say to yourself,.... "hey,..I'm low on fuel!" in the midle of the damn day dream?! NO!! Why?! Cuz its a frig'n DAY DREAM!!!

And my thoughts and opinions about the MDS fuel management system is just that,....MINE!! Hey,.I know gas isn't cheap but I don't bitch about it. Wanna know why?! Cuz I knew that the second I bought a damn V8!! again my opinion on that is,....Who buys a V8 and then turns arround and bitches about the fuel economy?!... Someone that should have bought a Toyota!... Thats MY opinion tho!

....Oh and,.....My concern about the MDS fuel management system is the whole new world of electical problems its gonna bring with it. Come on,.....GM isn't honestly that generouse with a majority of components to the overall systems. I'll give you an example,..... LSX motors,..as amazing of a motor it is,..GM was kind enough to skimp on quality push-rods, springs, guide-plates, oil pumps and underdrive units. But at least those are all mechanical parts that with the proper knowledge and knowhow,.we can fix ourselfs. Now,..what happens if,...MDS fuel management system ***** up one day and doesn't feed the proper fuel mixture when it switches over to all 8 cylinders?! Thats just a random thought but wheather its that or something else,..it's gonna be expensive and a pain to fix. If it works,.GREAT! If not,...I'll just be glad that I don't have one. Again,..MY opinion.

I know you're just saying you were dreaming.. and while I dream about cool things such as this, I at least try to keep it decently realistic

Trust me I know that buying a V8 is going to screw your gas mileage all up. I'm still buying a 383 stroker heads/cam car this weekend because i really don't give a **** about getting 10 city 16 highway. If you want gas mileage, buy a metro. But saying that MDS is stupid because it gives you good gas mileage, is not a very valid statement . Just because someone buys a V8 doesn't mean they want shitty gas mileage.. while you and I really don't care and I'm sure many other performance enthusiasts don't, there are some people where a V8 and decent mileage are concerns.

With that said I also agree that it seems more and more dealerships put in problematic electronics because they know the average owner can't troubleshoot them, so it's more bucks for the dealer. If something screws up with MDS just out of your warranty I'm sure it can't be a cheap fix, and it is a must-be-at-a-dealer job. $$$$$$$$$

Peace out
Old 10-02-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
... "But saying that MDS is stupid because it gives you good gas mileage, is not a very valid statement ".....
omg......Some you people on here give me seriouse headaches. I didn't say that! I was concerned about the possible electrical problems....ugh..... As far as its gas mileage,...great,.....but MY opinion still stands!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

any discussions on mds please post on my thread...formula and trans am switch...no supercar ... a cammed up thumper ...pure pavement pounder..true american mucsle..