General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Will the thirst ever be quenched

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the thirst ever be quenched

So, I'm at the point in my life, I need to start making those wonderful "grown-up" decisions, like buying houses, investing in the future, blah, blah, blah, but I can't help but want to buy more things for my car. It can always be faster, better, prettier, etc... Just about every day I'm checking the for sale section, and finding new things I want to throw on my beloved car, and it's tough holding back. Am I the only one that seems to be obsessed with their car, or does everyone else have the hunger for more?
Old 09-30-2006, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

+1 for the hunger just not enough funds in my bank account
Old 09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, dont worry man, u are in a group of obssesed car crazed maniacs!!! If only i had a few thousand dollars layin around!!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Banned

I hear ya.

Don't ask what % of my credit card bill is from car parts...
Old 09-30-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

For what it's worth, I'm 46 years old, and it never goes away. I've been married to the same girl for nearly 26 years, and she can attest to it. I wish I could list the cars I went through in my 20's, and by digging out old photo's, I might. I slowed down when my now-grown girls were born, but it never stopped...thank God. It is my hobby and mistress rolled into one, and my wife would have it no other way.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02SS#406
For what it's worth, I'm 46 years old, and it never goes away. I've been married to the same girl for nearly 26 years, and she can attest to it. I wish I could list the cars I went through in my 20's, and by digging out old photo's, I might. I slowed down when my now-grown girls were born, but it never stopped...thank God. It is my hobby and mistress rolled into one, and my wife would have it no other way.
Lucky guy you are.. ask other guys how much their girlfriends/wives approve of it
Old 09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

My girlfriend just shakes her head when I get fired up about a new car project, or see a car on the street I want to race. She's really cool about it, she's awfully girlie, but she did roll a tire over to my car at the dragstrip the other night which was pretty hot.

I definitely feel better knowing I'm not the only one that can't help it but buy new parts. I keep saying, hmmm....if I wait till the next paycheck I could.....
Old 09-30-2006, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

I'm in the same boat, and I want to go H/C on my car but I decided to put the mods on the back burner since I'm getting married next summer and want to buy a house. Maybe in a few years I'll change my mind and go FI on the car.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

Modding our cars is like a drug, once you begin your addicted to life. lol
Old 09-30-2006, 11:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kapedogg
My girlfriend just shakes her head when I get fired up about a new car project, or see a car on the street I want to race. She's really cool about it, she's awfully girlie, but she did roll a tire over to my car at the dragstrip the other night which was pretty hot.

I definitely feel better knowing I'm not the only one that can't help it but buy new parts. I keep saying, hmmm....if I wait till the next paycheck I could.....
Off topic but what's the car scene like over by Demotte? Or do you just cruise Valpo and Merriville?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

It's lame as hell. Pretty much me and one of my buddies. He's gets me on the street, but I kill him on the strip thanks to the rear end, DR's, and the fact I can kind of drive. He sucks at driving, but his H/C combo(TSP torquer vs and Ported LS6 heads is stronger than mine so he's got me on the street. Pretty much have to go to valpo and merrillville, but I mostly find mustangs with flowmasters and ricers that think they've got something really fast, because we all know stickers and wings add serious power. I'm sure somebody's got a fast rice mobile, but I haven't raced it yet.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

+1. I'm dying to buy parts for my car, but I have to buy a certain piece of jewelry first.

I am incredibly glad I don't and won't have a credit card though. I can only imagine how much more in debt I'd be right now than I already am.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It's one of the best addictions a person can have....and it's given me (and continues to give me) many special memories with my family.

Mine really picked up when I got my own house. I finally had a garage that would allow me to work on the car more often and later into the evenings. Then I bought my truck for a daily driver and things really picked up
Old 10-01-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I keep looking for parts for a car I don't have, an LS1. And I keep buying parts for a motor I have, but I don't have a car to put it in yet. Thats a 4g63t block that came out of an AWD talon and will be going into a fwd dodge colt that will be later converted to AWD. BUT that won't happen until I get an LS1.

I'm always surffing the web for projects and parts, and every time I say something about a new car or project that I want my girlfriend just smiles and tunes me out. She says it seems like I want to do something different every day and I can never make up my mind. The only thing holding me back is $. And she doesn't understand why I like such ugly cars. She doesn't understand my need to have a sleeper. I don't care how ugly a car might be, as long as its fast as hell but it looks like **** I'll be happy. I don't see why its so hard to understand that.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

sama for me, as off right now, im in iraq but will be going home in three weeks(**** yeah), my fiance went to my moms house about two days ago, my dad tells her to look at my room and when she does, he tells her to check me for havin a storage room. i bought so much **** durin my deployment, all for a good cause though. every time i call my fiance and tell her about wut i bought for the car or wut i wanna buy, she starts givin me a lecture... but she knows racing and my car is my toher love, she learned to get along. thats why im marrying her
Old 10-04-2006, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" If you aren't in credit card debt, you aren't modding hard enough " or something alone those lines. I always try to continue putting money into my car. I dont know...I just love my camaro
Old 10-04-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Resident

My girlfriend just shakes her head when I get fired up about a new car project, or see a car on the street I want to race.
You dont have to tell me twice. My girlfriend is the EXACT same way. I just got my Z28 recently and havent had any time to mod it up, so it gets on her nerves a little when that is all I talk about too much... But it is either cars or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so she can take her pick.